Does this meet your approval? "not impressed"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajandj

Reaction score

Attachments

• DSC05355.JPG
    DSC05355.JPG
    373.7 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC05356.JPG
    DSC05356.JPG
    350.1 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC05357.JPG
    DSC05357.JPG
    343.3 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC05358.JPG
    DSC05358.JPG
    316.1 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC05359.JPG
    DSC05359.JPG
    317.1 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC05361.JPG
    DSC05361.JPG
    270.2 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC05365.JPG
    DSC05365.JPG
    337.6 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC05366.JPG
    DSC05366.JPG
    357.9 KB · Views: 135
Wow! ajandj!!! Who's been busy then? Do YOU like it? Does your scaley little friend like it? Do the kids mind that their rainbow ladder isn't there? (I quite liked the rainbow ladder, liked it even more because the kids gave to the lizardy one ;))
I reckon you're doing great, with either set up. So long as he has what he needs, it's all good. :)

Aww Aj, don't worry about some of the haters on here. Some of us can be perfectionists and a little bit tarty about it. I personally loved his little basket and fruit log, especially since your kids bought it for him! Do whatever you like, as long as he's eating, pooping and shedding you're not doing anything wrong. Who cares what people on here think of YOUR pet and YOUR enclosure! I love the look of both but really appreciated the sentimental aspects of the first. xx chin up!

I've only just down this setup. Kids haven't seen it as one is at school and the other with her Ma. Hubby at work so it's just me the dog and Yoda. Have to wait and see what the kids say.

Is your little buddy still being stroppy even now the enclosure has had colors removed?? It does look good. I hope the kids arent upset their little piece wasnt included :/

As the others have said, dont worry what people think about your enclosure, u are providing all the things your scaly friend needs, & so long as he is healthy, i dont see the harm in keeping the gift from your children in there! (i personally liked it, & think its great to have something a little unique in the enclosure, they are after all NOT in the wild anymore, & as you stated they dont live on newspaper or paper towel in the wild, so what is the harm in having some colour!) IMO, put that fantastic gift back in for Yoda, i would hate to think that your children will be sad their gift isnt wanted just because a few people here had a go at you for it not looking natural!

:D You certainly have an approval from this "self-confessed hater". Sawmill timber-yard looks much better than luna park. :D
Really, I am just joking, don't hold it against me, all my friends know that I have a warped sense of humor. Be my friend.

Please forgive me if I have contributed to your re-fitting of the enclosure. Such was never my intention. My sincere apologies just in case.

Your creativity is still very much in evidence even though the present décor is more “mainstream”.

I must say, I am in awe of the love and affection generated for one small lizard. You clearly make every effort to take great care of him. And you take great pride in the results and rightly so. I think people like you are a shining example of how reptiles can be pets and become part of the family.

Congrats,
Blue

Looks fine to me, your Beardie seems to be happy :)

Please forgive me if I have contributed to your re-fitting of the enclosure. Such was never my intention. My sincere apologies just in case.

Your creativity is still very much in evidence even though the present décor is more “mainstream”.

I must say, I am in awe of the love and affection generated for one small lizard. You clearly make every effort to take great care of him. And you take great pride in the results and rightly so. I think people like you are a shining example of how reptiles can be pets and become part of the family.

Congrats,
Blue

Should be more people like you on this forum I think Blue.... way too many haters about.

Looks pretty but do you ever get legs caught in the cracks between the logs? I know there are lots of similiar situations in the wild and i am not a lizzard keeper but better to be safe than sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blue- no harm no foul. I ook no offence to what you said. Out pets are family members, even down to the fish in the pond. Every night before bed we have to good night to human and creatures alike.
I try to teach my kids that they must show respect for all living things, animal and human. Treat animals they way you would like to be treated. It's a real family event to bathe Yoda and even feeding, everyone is involved whether it be to collect flowers and greens from the garden to handfeeding - as this is Yoda's choice.

Wokka - am a little concerned about that myself, so l have already removed it. I would hate for Yoda to lose a toe or foot....

Well, after changing the enclosure. I'm about to change it back. Yoda is more stressed , he will not bask. He's not eating properly.. but i'm wondering if it's the change of enclosure, he's due to shed.. maybe l might just leave him for another day or so and play it by ear.
The kids were a little shocked to see the enclosure but in all they were happy as long as the next time we clean it out we put his rainbow ladder back. "Mama, Yoda can have a change sometimes. Just like when you change the dinig room and we don't like it 'cause you move our toys, but the you change it back. So it's ok" says my 4 year old.

looks absolutely awesome!!!!!
We need more dragon owners like u

Ok, finally.. a compromise. The more l looked the more worried l got about Yoda loosing a toe or foot in the cracks. So.. what do you think, the kids will be happy and Yoda is finally happy. This is the first time he has climbed since i took out the rainbow ladder and his basket. He is shedding too

Attachments

• DSC05375.JPG
    DSC05375.JPG
    338.6 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC05372.JPG
    DSC05372.JPG
    326 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC05369.JPG
    DSC05369.JPG
    309 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Looks great. As long as Yoda likes his rainbow ladder, that's what counts.

How big is he now? He looks like he's grown quite a lot.

yer, he's doing great. He weighs a hefty 41 grams (comsidering he was only 14 grams when l got him on the 1st July) and he's now 27 cm (grown 12 cm). You know, i here alot of people say that there critters go off food when they are about to shed or during shedding. My gosh, he Yoda is the opposite

Yay! Well done you! I reckon that looks great, and obviously Yoda is happy too! With the growth and weight gain he sounds like a happy little camper to me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back