got my 1st snake :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jedohara

Reaction score
i got my 1st snake a diamond python (marshall) on friday so excited but i have been doing some research and just a bit confussed ehat temp do i keep marshall at ? and how do i post pics? :)

what temp do u keep yours at?

aeodph.jpg

Last edited:
32 max, 28min for summer and if it is a hatchie keep it at those temps throughout winter as well for about 3 years.

For future winter hibernation/brumation whatever it is called i think gradually the temps go down to max 16 whatever the average temp is in winter. But perhaps someone may correct me on that but that is what i have read for a diamond and I have not yet experienced hibernation as i am new to herp.

Mines between 3o and 35 at the heat mat. She is now in bigger enclosure so temps vary. Im only new also.

ok thanks yer he is around 7 months i think so if i set it for 32 and leave it on 24/7 that should be fine?

ok just set the thermostat to 33 degrees so if i need to lower it or make it higher just let me no.. how old is yours ambush

congrats she is georgeous i have 2 jungles my first snakes and more to come ull get the bug now cant help with temps tho

Congratulations! Diamonds are a beautiful snake. There is a really good book "keeping and breeding Australian pythons" by Mike Swan etc, that explains about temps once they get older. Like others have said a basking spot of around 32 is good, so they are able to digest their food.

Very Nice looking Diamond Python, Congratulations!
I am also looking at getting my first snake in a couple of weeks...I have been fasinated by Pythons for a while & have decided to get a Diamond too!!
enjoy!!

thank you he/she is great doesnt try n bite at all cant wait to give he/her the 1st feed n shed :)

Keep in mind that Diamonds are a cold climate snake. I wouldn't be keeping it over 30*C.

ok well i got it set on 33 is that to high then?

yer kelly still getting one will get one at the end of the year or the start of next :)

having the termostat set at 33 doesnt mean thats the temp of the hotspot. get a good thermometer and check the hot end. on 1 of my microclimate stats with the probe directly on the mat set at 30 degrees, the mat sits at 35 degrees hence the recommendation to check with a thermometer. i keep mine at 29 degrees(hot end, basking does get higher) as they are a cooler climate species, cool end i allow to get to ambient temp ie today was 17 degrees in the cool end.

29 degrees is the optimum basking temperature for diamond pythons according to Dr David Vella. I would be inclined to take his advice over advice given by most other people.

Gorgeous diamond!!

Read as much as you can on the species, it's a harder species to keep compared to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back