Which is best black&white or high yellow (DIAMONDS)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they are the most amazing snakes iv ever seen you are sooooo lucky

it makes me want a snakie

Black and white for sure, my main man is high black and white :)

I find it a really difficult question to answer. Currently I may unfortunately have to move on my whole collection and I am having real trouble coming to grips with it. But the truth of the matter is that I am just as unwilling to let go of my coastal as i am my albinoes. Prices/hobby value aside, I cannot say that I have a favorite.
I have always had difficulty though, understanding how people can rave about one type and not another. Sure its personel likes and dislikes but I find I like ALL my snakes EXACTLY the same. And its not because of the colour of their skin or their dollar value worth.
After years of catching,relocating and keeping my own collection, I am still mesmerized by the common garden variety snakes.
I love the black and whites, though I don't keep any, I have seen some really beautiful ones for sure, and the same goes for the yellows.
I wonder what everyone would think of one i caught a couple of years back that was a mixture of black and white and black and yellow. I know there was one individual who try to covet it, but it went back to the bush, where it belonged.
I'll see if I can find the photos I took of this rare animal and put them up. Its the type that would appeal to the fence sitters LOl!

I can see what you're saying there, and personally I do love all snakes, they're just so mesmerising, but contrast and colour get me every time, especially contrast. I LOVE light and shade, and subtle nuance, and given the choice between black and white OR black and yellow, black and white throw me every time. I'm the same with jungles, and axanthic BHPs make me positively drool.
Given my own choice however, I could watch any snake for hours and be quite content, no matter the value or look. :D
I hope this goes a way to explaining at least my answer.

A really high yellow looks amazing, and by that I mean heaps of yellow, not just a very bright yellow but not much of it, but rather when you look at the snake and you see yellow before you see the black. Almost like a yellow snake with black instead of the other way around.
But I think black and white looks great regardless of the concentration of white. Like a lot of people have said I think its the contrast.
Though I would love both in my collection, I really cant split them because like Cement said I really like the wild looking snakes. I`m not a big fan of stripes and what have you. Give me a plain old diamond and I`m mezmarised. Doesn`t take much to please me.

I couldnt really pick a favourite... they both have fantastic appeal!

Heres the little fella im picking up tomorrow :D

24062011083.jpg

Black and white!!! I'm hoping to get a black and white diamond next year.

Here are some photos i took of a wild caught diamond that was scaring a poor homeowner.

If you can't make up your mind whether you like the whites or the yellows, well this one makes the decision easy! Have both!!Lol!

It was a great to get to see this snake in the flesh, and blew me away, is it an escaped pet, that was crossed white plus yellow?? Is it a throw back to some lost gene pool on the Central Coast?? Is it yellow but losing the colour as it ages??

Who knows? Feel free to make guesses... we will never know, I released it back to the wilds where it came and where it belonged.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 03052009007.jpg
    03052009007.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 03052009012.jpg
    03052009012.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 03052009013.jpg
    03052009013.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 03052009014.jpg
    03052009014.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 03052009018.jpg
    03052009018.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 03052009025.jpg
    03052009025.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 34
Cement, thats not I was expecting when you said it was both yellow and white! Its almost like two snakes joined together! Interesting!

Black and yellow. I think its difficult to get a nice looking black and white though stunning black and yellows are common

Cement, thats not I was expecting when you said it was both yellow and white! Its almost like two snakes joined together! Interesting!

That's right Norm. It was an honour to see that animal and it caused a bit of a stir and got people wondering.
If you look closely you can see a hunting wound on its neck. It also had a displaced vertebrae in its tail, but they are as tough as nails and was in great condition. It was a good 6 ft too. cheers

I must say venomdude if u ever breed black and white hatchlings put me first on the list for one of them !! =D They are gorgeous. I love all diamonds, i think theyre both beautiful but your black and white diamond catches my eye everytime!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back