First snake - Yet to hold!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would open the lid and let the snake come out by itself then very very slowly move your hand and gently pat her well away from the head area if she seems ok just place your hand underneath her belly pick up the snake if you dont feel comfortable why did you buy an adult python

Two tips:

1) Make like a tree. Most pythons will climb up... so make up away from you.

2) Give the tip of the tail something to wrap around. With their tail wrapped around something like your finger they seem to feel "anchored" and in my experience tend to relax.

Pythrulz, we bought an adult as she was mainly for my hubby - not so much me. But I have really warmed to her and before getting her; I didn't think I would :) We know the people we bought her off, so knew her history.

you will be suprised how cool they are to hold! They will hold onto you and will explore around. Nothing to be worried of. Treat them with respect and they will do the same to you.

Hi guys!

I am yet to pick up our Diamond Python; but I really want to! Each time I get brave enough to; I chicken out!

Can someone help me in telling me the easiest way to pick her up for the first time?! I know once I've done it for the first time - I will be fine!
Forgive me - I'm a Kiwi - I come from the land of no snakes!!!!

So!! Have you done it yet?????

anyone get nervous when a large snake tastes the air around your face? all i can think is dont latch on to my face, dont latch on to my face. lol not that i think they would for any reason.. i dont look much like a rat and im fairly sure i dont smell like one. lol

yeah have ya done it yet?? maybe if you get your mate you bought her off to come and get her out and you can hold her from there until you are good with that then you can work up to getting her out yourself late?? good luck :)

:D
I haven't taken her out. I just left my hand/arm in there and let her slither over it longer than I have before and lifted her a bit.
She wasn't fussed.
Then she ate, so I left her alone.

2 days time. JUST DO IT>> IM TELLING YOU> JUST DO IT... I was the same.

Tracey, sometimes they come out to you, if so, wait till she does that. When she is about half way out, just pick up the rest of her body.

HA-HA i remember my first snake .. I was freaking out about picking her up .. i don't know why ( maybe because i wasn't use to it ) but when i did finally get there i thought WOW i was scared for nothing ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back