Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiresnakes

Reaction score
Today was an exciting day, my Stimson laid a clutch of 19 eggs... Looking forward to some babies in November! I will post pics soon :)

They have been incubated on vermiculite 50/50 ratio based on weight.

I got 22 from one of my stimos last year way smaller eggs then my pilbaras though who ive found only lay 6-8

though mine are still a while off laying yet. even my blackheads are only about to have their pre lay sheds

Out of interest how many eggs have others got with their Stimsons?

Ive got clutches of 10 to 14 from the gold stimsons which are a line of NSW stimsons,ive got 10 eggs from alice springs local stimsons. The type from alice springs are moderate size and nothing like the windorah,NSW or SA stimsons,so they probably have the smaller clutches as a result,they are more like the WA stimsons. cheers

She was huge....I thought it was it at 18 and then out come another....looking forward to them hatching, very exciting. This is my first clutch of Stimsons and the eggs are much much smaller than diamonds or woma!

I got 22 from one of my stimos last year way smaller eggs then my pilbaras though who ive found only lay 6-8

though mine are still a while off laying yet. even my blackheads are only about to have their pre lay sheds

Interesting Helikaon,i expected the pilbarras might have small cutches. Cheers

I have a theory in regards to large clutch sizes in Stimsoni and it relates back to when all Antaresia were classed as one.
Everthing was bred together and as such i do think there is Maculosus in these lines turning out large clutches.

I keep and breed a lot of Stimsoni and by far the largest clutch over the years has been 11 from a Pilbara critter. Quite the opposite to clutches from Maculosus ranging
far in advance of 16-18+ eggs per clutch.

I agree Beeman! and the 11 from a Pilbara Female is classed as a big clutch!

I have a theory in regards to large clutch sizes in Stimsoni and it relates back to when all Antaresia were classed as one.
Everthing was bred together and as such i do think there is Maculosus in these lines turning out large clutches.

I keep and breed a lot of Stimsoni and by far the largest clutch over the years has been 11 from a Pilbara critter. Quite the opposite to clutches from Maculosus ranging
far in advance of 16-18+ eggs per clutch.

Yeah i cant remember the weights of the eggs off hand but they would have been atleast double the size of my other stimos eggs. even the hatchies were way bigger but annoyingly much harder to get feeding. where the little guys (all but one) were slamming pinky mice 2 weeks post hatching.

My Stimsoni-windorah; clutch was 14 eggs last season -from Clayton Knight lineage.

Attachments

• PA210015.JPG
    PA210015.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 88
  • PA210018.JPG
    PA210018.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 70
what is the typical size of a Pilbara Stimy? I'm hoping to breed mine next year, but it will be my first time so im not sure what to expect....

what is the typical size of a Pilbara Stimy? I'm hoping to breed mine next year, but it will be my first time so im not sure what to expect....
Beeman & Zulu indicated from 6-11 for Pilbaras.
Good luck next year, it's very exciting and a great experience if you are lucky enough to watch them be laid :)

Windorah's seem to have good size clutches, my 4 girls each had clutches of 14-16 eggs when they were less than 2 years old, now they are older they usually lay 20-22 eggs each season. I also have the parents of these girls (Clayton Nights original breeders) and they lay 20-22 eggs also.

My MacDonnell Ranges usually have around 12-14 eggs.

I have some females that produce 23 consistently every season, my pygmies and alice springs drop 10 every season .
Had a female maccy that had droped 28 she was a big girl close 5ft though.
Have had a female childreni drop 22 this year.

Manchild, that's a gorgeous animal in your avatar - what locale is s/he?

Congratulations, Shiresnakes. How long did it take her to lay all of those eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back