Albino Tree Skinks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehhhh... does he even know how white people were created... Well if you don't know... It was by a Genetic mutation That caused reduced pigmentation In human skin... called... Leucism... "Leucism is a condition characterized by reduced pigmentation in animals and humans".. A less severe version of albinism.... Just sayin... Human interference does not create Albinisim... It happens on its own in the wild...

No need to get personal lads. I'm entitled to my opinion, and to express it, and your personal attacks are not waranted, nor is flooding the board with such.

No need to get personal lads. I'm entitled to my opinion, and to express it, and your personal attacks are not waranted, nor is flooding the board with such.

Go away, that's my opinion,

This is a stupid argument, lets leave it here and focus on congratulating Joe on his incredible work, good luck mate

Last edited:

You got personal when you bad mouthed the topic of the thread. It was someone working on a long term project, who has invested a lot of time and money in it and was good enough to be giving us a sneak peek long before the results will be available to the public. But you had to go and get the thread off topic by bringing in a discussion on other breeding projects of animals not even from the reptile kingdom.

At first I enjoyed your posts about "Lizzy", but now you keep sticking your nose into topics you know close enough to nothing about with generally backwards views on them, and you wonder why you get a bad reaction? I'm starting to think you are just an elaborate troll that has us all fooled. I would actually prefer that to be true than some of the things you come up with to be your actual views.

In regard to a couple of PMs I'd Just like to ad these animals have been around for a little while (some of you are aware of them) I just aim to move the project along...... but at the same time I make no claim or take no praise in regard to the stage they are at.... I just like to share projects & enjoy opinion.... & will continue to do so.

I love the whole genus... awesome skinks. Definitely something i would be interested in keeping when they are available.

Ehhhh... does he even know how white people were created... Well if you don't know... It was by a Genetic mutation That caused reduced pigmentation In human skin... called... Leucism...

Think i will stick with the Vitamin D hypothesis ;)

Last edited:
Jinjajoe never once asked for anyones opinion on this project, he was just giving us all a heads-up on how things are going. If you dont like having our opinions of your posts put on the threads then maybe you should send a PM to the OP, or just not comment at all.

For those going to the Scales & Tails show next week I will be displaying a few of these awesome critters....... ENJOY !!!!!!!

Truly awesome! I have a pair of normal tree skinks which I love but I am now really looking forward to seeing some of those on display at Scales & Tails!

In regard to a couple of PMs I'd Just like to ad these animals have been around for a little while (some of you are aware of them) I just aim to move the project along...... but at the same time I make no claim or take no praise in regard to the stage they are at.... I just like to share projects & enjoy opinion.... & will continue to do so.
gr8 website name LOL

All i have to say is WOW!
I haven't read all the comments etc, just the first page but the photos were good enough for me to comment before reading!
They look amazing and i hope the project is successful for you :D

Oh gosh, i don't know if i am glad i didn't read it all first or not now :/

All i have to say is that i am honestly happy to be able to see all kinds of new developments in genetics (meaning new 'morphs' etc coming through in species that generally may not have shown it in the past in captivity) within this hobby. Still being new to all of this seeing new things excites me and makes me realise why i chose to get into this hobby.
Albinos are a natural occurance and i don't see why someone with the knowledge and means to breed them in a species that albinism is rarely seen in in captivity (probably more rarely in nature) shouldn't be given a massive ammount of respect for wanting to do so.

If 2 albino humans wanted to breed together would that be seen as wrong?

Last edited:
I'd like to say thank you to Joe for being open enough to display these animals along with some of his other great projects for all of us to see in the flesh at this years Scales & Tails Festival. Thanks buddy and I'm looking forward to catching up with you on Saturday.

Sorry - but I much prefer my lizards with their natural colours and scale patterns .

I see no value in selectively breeding animals to produce an artifical version with a colouration that would have no survival value in a natural setting, just because the genetics can artifically selected for by the animals ancestors owners for some egotistical or curiousity / freakshow value and I object very strongly to doing this because they will be unique / very rare and can attact a high market price.

This has been done with pigeons, chickens, cats, and dogs for many decades and look at the abominations and freaks with inbred genetic and health and physical defects that kind of human interference has produced. I'd hate to see this done to wonderful animals like lizards or snakes. (No matter how stunningly beautiful some of these unnaturally selected / bred reptiles can be - yes I've pictures or some stunning beautiful snakes who were artifically selected.)

That's my opinion for what it's worth and you can take or leave it. And I'll not add more or discuss it further, nor am I interested in entering a debate about this.
Theres no cruelty involved though :? Its just a mutation that formed naturally and someone saw the opportunity to breed them.
Also, albinism is one of the most natural morphs. As in, you can find wild albino snakes, but not Jags / RPM's. Thats selective breeding, albinism isnt really. Its ironic Ian, your post is exactly what you get annoyed at when people reply to your threads. You're trolling.

Anyway, I hope that made sense, Im so tired I can barely type.
Moving on from the negative comment, Im really looking forward to seeing these guys, plus some of your cool blueys Joe :)

Good on you joe for sharing this stuff too many projects in my opinion are hidden. I will always open threads from certain people and you are definitely one of those.

Good on you joe for sharing this stuff too many projects in my opinion are hidden. I will always open threads from certain people and you are definitely one of those.

I agree mate...... wouldn't it be great to see albino scrub photos ??? or the Womas ?? we know who has them...... sharing just a little wouldn't hurt hey ??

I agree mate...... wouldn't it be great to see albino scrub photos ??? or the Womas ?? we know who has them...... sharing just a little wouldn't hurt hey ??

Hold up let me just get my super secret stuff... hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back