Albino Tree Skinks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry - but I much prefer my lizards with their natural colours and scale patterns .

I see no value in selectively breeding animals to produce an artifical version with a colouration that would have no survival value in a natural setting, just because the genetics can artifically selected for by the animals ancestors owners for some egotistical or curiousity / freakshow value and I object very strongly to doing this because they will be unique / very rare and can attact a high market price.

This has been done with pigeons, chickens, cats, and dogs for many decades and look at the abominations and freaks with inbred genetic and health and physical defects that kind of human interference has produced. I'd hate to see this done to wonderful animals like lizards or snakes. (No matter how stunningly beautiful some of these unnaturally selected / bred reptiles can be - yes I've pictures or some stunning beautiful snakes who were artifically selected.)

That's my opinion for what it's worth and you can take or leave it. And I'll not add more or discuss it further, nor am I interested in entering a debate about this.

then why say anything.

Joe- they look great.

Sorry - but I much prefer my lizards with their natural colours and scale patterns .

I see no value in selectively breeding animals to produce an artifical version with a colouration that would have no survival value in a natural setting, just because the genetics can artifically selected for by the animals ancestors owners for some egotistical or curiousity / freakshow value and I object very strongly to doing this because they will be unique / very rare and can attact a high market price.

This has been done with pigeons, chickens, cats, and dogs for many decades and look at the abominations and freaks with inbred genetic and health and physical defects that kind of human interference has produced. I'd hate to see this done to wonderful animals like lizards or snakes. (No matter how stunningly beautiful some of these unnaturally selected / bred reptiles can be - yes I've pictures or some stunning beautiful snakes who were artifically selected.)

That's my opinion for what it's worth and you can take or leave it. And I'll not add more or discuss it further, nor am I interested in entering a debate about this.

Get over yourself honestly

As soon as we put any reptile in a box & keep them artificially in the 'Melamine Ranges' then we give up the right to such opinion........ <quote,,,,,jinjajoe & SnakeWhisperer 2010>

& to boot you will stop selectively breeding for any trait whatsoever & give away all of your offspring then this year ??

lf you can't be pleasant why bother.
........solar 17 (Baden)

Great work Joe! This will be a very interesting project to follow so be sure to keep us updated!

Best of luck to you mate, well done.

I cringe every time you post. With your views and useless comments, I have absolutely no idea why you are registered on this forum...

Since when is albinism not a naturally occurring trait?

Not that I'd encourage further participation from yourself in this thread though.

Last edited:
Very interesting indeed! I didn't even know these skins existed let alone albino ones! Lol.

It looks like there's a variation in colour between the albinos. Is that correct? Or is it the flash from the camera or lighting that alters the colour?

Since when is albinism not a naturally occurring trait?
Exactly,they are wild occurring but hard to comeby thats why i like them. When you have an albino or breed them you can be pretty sure no poxy government sponsored take from the wild scheme is going to compete with you,just legitimate breeders.

Wow never really been into skinks but they are amazing, good luck with everything :) i'd love to see the price tag on one of these ;)

As soon as we put any reptile in a box & keep them artificially in the 'Melamine Ranges' then we give up the right to such opinion........ <quote,,,,,jinjajoe & SnakeWhisperer 2010>

& to boot you will stop selectively breeding for any trait whatsoever & give away all of your offspring then this year ??

Haha Joe ya show pony! Looking bloody awesome mate, can't wait to see 'em in the flesh! LMAO... Melamine Ranges! That is a classic.

Lol, inaninoz, mate, the problem with opinions is, like excuses, they're a lot like a-holes. Everyone's got one and they all stink. It's always best to keep one's stinking a-hole opinion to one's self! Tip from the pros buddy, all natural and on the house! ;)

Last edited:

Seriously Ian, live by your own rules, yesterday your asked someone not to bring your thread down, and today you do the that very same thing on someone's project they will be working on for yrs to come. I may be out of line here but you really don't belong here stirring the pot like you do. If you don't like what 99.9% of us do move on to another site.

Good luck with your exciting project Joe.

Seriously Ian, live by your own rules, yesterday your asked someone not to bring your thread down, and today you do the that very same thing on someone's project they will be working on for yrs to come. I may be out of line here but you really don't belong here stirring the pot like you do. If you don't like what 99.9% of us do move on to another site.

Good luck with your exciting project Joe.

well said smithers
EVERY< thread you enter ian, you bad word them, they are wrong, you are right and noone else really matters.
You have your right to an opinion but it aint always right, people are leaps and bounds ahead of you so dont try talk them down with your experience of keeping reptiles.
How many do you own ?

But joe honestly they are wicked looking animals
Cant wait to see them in the flesh at the expo, should be good :D

Thanks for bringing that to our attention "O Wise One", I will be sure to tell all of my friends that own albino reptiles to shuffle off to the nearest vets and have their animals euthanised post haste as they are not natural. I think we should all take a leaf from Ianinoz's book and only keep reptiles on our lounge, not in an enclosure where they are more natural:rolleyes:
Joe I think they are spectacular and I wish you success in your program. I look forward to seeing these guys in the trade in the future.

Last edited:
nice one joe. it would certainly be a fun challenge to be the first to work and prove out a new project. certianly beats popping out the same old stuff every year.

good luck with it! shame to have parted with your snakes, but worth the effort i think.

ps- i also love you new "melanine ranges" locality, very fitting :lol:

Thanks for bringing that to our attention "O Wise One", I will be sure to tell all of my friends that own albino reptiles to shuffle off to the nearest vets and have their animals euthanised post haste as they are not natural. I think we should all take a leaf from Ianinoz's book and only keep reptiles on our lounge, not in an enclosure where they are more natural:rolleyes:

Enclosures are cruel, they are better to roam around the backyard and in the house

Keep to your "wild" Lizzie...thanks for your input.

Joe, Looks like you have a nice little project to work with.
Alot of people would be happy to be in your position to work with something new and exciting.
Good luck and Hope they all thrive for you.

Cheers
Shaun.

. I'd hate to see this done to wonderful animals like lizards or snakes. (No matter how stunningly beautiful some of these unnaturally selected / bred reptiles can be - yes I've pictures or some stunning beautiful snakes who were artifically selected.)

Just about every single breeder will keep their babies that are born with better colours or patterns to create more beautiful snakes and lizards. Who gives a flying hoot about pigeons and cat breeding for a better looking animal? Everyone does it, i know i'd much rather my russian blue then a tabby cat any day. I know i'd rather my staffy then a wild mutt. And i definantly know as soon as my HET for ALBINO Olive is old enough to breed he will be making as many abominations and freaks as he can.

jesus_facepalm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back