"little" signs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solar 17

A lady bought this green to me 4-5 days ago after having purchased it approx. a month ago and said it wouldn't eat under any conditions since she had purchased it, so l offered to have a look, well after 24-36 hours "just watching" l noticed his/her coils were never what l call tight and although (imo) he/she is smallish for a yearling (38grams) l decided to do the swim in the laundry tub trick and "almost" immediately noticed and felt a very hard small lump up against the cloaca so after some very gentle manipulation with the aid of the good old KY jelly literally out popped some ordinary looking urates and a small amount of faecal matter, well the difference in that little persons mannerism was dramatic and almost l said almost made me misty eyed.

This was Saturday lunchtime well he/she ate a "fresh killed" velvet mouse Sat. evening now the nice tight coils in the pic. below.

.....solar 17 (Baden)
6296776414_cc9cec30e1.jpg

nice quick result mate..... having seen her I agree that she is a little small....

"ON TRACK" l called this young lady (l think she is) miss Tiff. after her owner well she has been here 22 days now and had 4 small feeds and a shed tonight so with the owner present she snapped down a fresh killed velvet mouse after her shed, she arrived here at 38 grams and a bit dehydrated imo, well she now weighs 52 grams although a lot of that weight is hydration. she's looking for a second right now.
.......solar 17 (baden)
6357679881_eb5da1f1c2.jpg

That is awesome Baden..... It's amazing what a few simple things can do to get thing started in the right direction..... She is so lucky to have been able to go to you for help :). Beautiful lil green too :)

Had a few people email/pm me about that greenmesh in the enclosure l much prefer the mesh from Mitre 10 and not Bunnings as the mesh from Mitre 10 is thicker and superior quality imo.
.......solar 17 (baden)

I she going back to her owners or is she staying with you for good now Baden?

Would that swim trick work with a snake who swallowed plastic bag??

ln 36 days this young lady (l think she is) has gone from not eating for 4-5 weeks to eating six moderate size fresh killed meals since being here when she sees you coming she's up to the top of her tub waiting to strike, l gotta say not all stories end as good as this one but these sure make your day, plus the fact she's off home in the next day of so.
.......solar 17 (baden) ps this tub is kept pretty clean so any droppings / urates can be checked for any abnormalities.
6435717529_df7b55c19f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back