Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John_lisa

Reaction score
hey guys im looking at getting 2 womas breeding pair next yr and im plaining on building there tank as they wont be in my veiw at all times
i dont wont to house them together so i wont to know what tank size i should make for each one.

iv looked at a few things on hear aint seen to much on what ppl surgest for sizes im looking at gettting 3-4 yr olds just wanna know the
smallest to largest size some of u would go just a ruff idea for me.

cheers
john

4 ft was the size i was looking at for a tank cheers

just been looking up racks while trying to find more info, what are ppls thoughts on sizes for them i'm open to any ideas for housing snakes racks look ok
but what size tubs would be best for woma's, BHP, jungles, GTP im guessing olives would be out of the makable tub range lol i have seen 41L for smaller
snakes like ur spotted' and stimpson's ect aint seen anything on the larger snakes ground dweller or climber any ideas on places to buy the tubes any
of u may surjest would be good to if anyone can be bothered surjesting lol

cheers.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ya know what ima just throw this out there but there has been 88 ppl that have looked at this thread and only one has replyed

A LIL SAD GUYS

use are ment to help newer herpers not leave them hanging with questions regardless to wether they have been answered before or not

P.S i will work it out myself cheers nagini-baby for atleast replying

Last edited:
Dude, before you get your knickers in a knot, would you prefer for people like me, that read this post out of interest to give you bad advice, or prefer to wait for someone that knows what they're talking about???

chase

my womas are in a 120w x 40h x 60d.....they seem to be happy, except for one that wants nothing more then to eat me

I personally would prefer 1500w x 600d x 450h. Womas require more floor space than anything. They are very active snakes so the more room for them to move the better. Mine are all in tubs at the moment but when I finally make my enclosures for the new room that's what size I will be using.

Maddog-1979, if you have SA womas they will need bigger than 1200w once they get a few years on them. I have seen them as big as blackheads!

Last edited:
ya, i got a 6 yr old sa, she does fine in the 1200....alot better than the 80L tubs ivé heard that alot of breeders use.....not condemning tubs, i know they have their uses ;-)

Yeah. Mine are in huge 135L tubs and 1200w enclosures until I get my new room sorted.

chase very good point but on the other hand i have finally gotten a response to my question to my suprise thanx thought ill think twice before doing it again

thanx all for replying i had givin up on ANYONE answering me as i all so PM 3 ppl and not even a response from them :(

anyway i am glad use did responed as i started to get my stuff together for the 2 tanks i am building it at 2000w x 600h x 600d hopefully its not too big as the main reasponse was 1200-1500w

thanx for the replys :)

Except for a few locales,Womas can sometimes be a bit hard to find info on adult sizes,so its hard to work out enclosure size.I am getting Sandfire WA locale woma's but no one seems to know the adult size and temperament.

yea well i know they can get as large as BHPs and stuff so i thought the bigger the bitter an whent off the biggest size ply i could get in my GFs car ( lil mazda) lol was going to go 2000w x 1000h x 1000d but wouldn have got it in the car lol

Have you thought measurement for the separate pieces and get it cut to size at hardware

I have a few sandfire wa animals. What do you want to know deadpan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back