What morph is this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baker

Reaction score
Hey, I am interseted in everyones opinion about what sort of colour morph this little guy is? This snake has absoluetly no black pigment on its body at all, and their pattern is also super reduced you can barley see it. I think it is something like a super hypo?
2011-12-12 09.26.34.jpg2011-12-12 09.26.43.jpg

can you get better pics of its eyes

i could be a super, but you will have to wait for it to grow a bit to be sure.

It may look that way, but being so young, it's got a lot of pattern and colour to produce. Coastals can sometimes look blue/grey, and people sell them as blue Coastals, that colour does not continue with age, it will only loose those colours, and it turns out looking like your everyday coastal.

Give it at least 12 months, then you will start to see what it will look like.

Looks like a standard coastal to me. Quite common to hatch out like that and pick up black along the way. Unless you bred one of the few true hypo lines back to itself, or to another similar hypo line, it's not a "super". Do you have photos of the parent animals, or any info on it's breeding? Would make describing it a bit easier to offer an informed opinion.

i have no idea what the parents look like. This is alittle guy that was handed in at the wildlife sanctury that i volunteer at so its not my snake. we where just wondering what sort of morph it was because of how different it looks to other carpets we have seen. I guess we will have to see how it colours up with time then.

Pretty normal looking mine looked the same at that age turned out pretty average :)

seems like it is going to be interesting to watch as they develop their costal pattern with age.

seems like it is going to be interesting to watch as they develop their costal pattern with age.

You wrote earlier that it was one animal now you write "they and their" how many hatchies are there?
Also looks like the animal in the picture is dehydrated or has a retained shed happening.

There is two of them the same out there, but this is the only one i got the pictures of. I'm not sure of thier history before they where taken out to the park. They both had that skin problem just behind their necks and we aren't sure what happened with it, but it doesnt seem to be worrying them. I will admit it is a lean looking animal, but from handling it they seem quite healthy. They have a very strong grip and have been growing since they where taken out. I realy dont have much information on these guys becasue havn't been able to go out and help there for two months. I was only interested in what morph it was because this guy was going to be purchashed by an employ out there and was just interested what morph if any it was.

"Normal coastal carpet morph" .. as stated it will develop colors / patterns with age.

thanks for the answers. i wasnt quite sure because this is the first costal hatchling i have seen so wasnt sure if it was normal like that or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back