Axanthic Coastals (proven)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

larks

Reaction score
I have been lucky enough to prove out a line of pure coastals to be axanthic, the original suspected axanthics where produced by Stephen Brooks and he was kind enough to let me work with them. This year I put them together and got a small clutch that has hatched out with 100% being axanthic.

Here's a pic of both the parents together.

maybe.jpg

and here's a pic of the ones that have emerged so far and a set of twins still in the egg.

Axanthic1.jpg

Axanthic2.jpg

Axanthic3.jpg

axanthictwins.jpg

Looks good Wayne. Good to see they have finally come out of the eggs.

Fantastic work Wayne.
Although, was there ever any doubt with the Axanthic Coastals?

Was never any doubt in my mind Andy, but it's nice to have them prove out.

Thats great mate, i'm glad someone has been able prove out some expected projects...it seems we are always waiting for a project to be proved out...lol
Congrats! :)

This is good to hear, I have some direct siblings from animals that produced the gray clutch aswell - I am not sure of the genetics though and how this trait is passed on. There are eggs currently in the incubator though so we'll see!

I think the second one is hypo
Vixen they are recessive, so yours would be 66% possible hets

So what is axanthism?

Axanthism is where the organism is lacking xanthophores which in turn produce yellow pigment.
(So an animal that doesn't produce yellow pigment)

Congrats Wayne!
Great to see these proven out.

TWINS!! How very exciting :D congratulation's.
I like the 2nd one :)

Congrats Wayne glad to hear your efforts have been rewarded, loven the twins image, that's gold in itself.

Congrats mate. Axanthics aren't the most striking animals, not in the way albinos are with bright yellows ands whites, but they do have a nice subtlety about them with nice silvers and greys to them.

Will be interesting to see what comes of these in the future with perhaps some striped or hypo blood thrown into the mix.

Good luck with the project.

Cheers
Dave

Thank for the kind words guys.

Dave, the father of my adults was a hypo coastal, and my adults have some semi striping and hypo in them. The twins have just left the egg and they are showing some nice stripes.

Will take some pic's of the twins in a few minutes.

Looking good larks. Did you breed out any double hets aswell this season, or where you waiting to confirm them?

Top work. The future is looking bright for morelia in Australia!

Sounds good larks - the possibilty of snows is pretty cool....waiting for a clutch of double hets to hatch will be a nerve racking experience!

Cheers,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back