Axanthic Coastals (proven)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Coastal's are amazing :)
Would love to see some updated pics of the hatchies?
Coastal's have such an amazing colour range, they are beautiful.

Ok after talking to Hoppa via email it appears that this lovely looking snake is NOT a proven axanthic.
I'm all for people coming out with there suspected axanthics but until they are proven they are just that ... suspected axanthic.
This thread is about proven axanthics not grey coastals that may be axanthic. So if you have a grey coastal that you suspect may be axanthic please feel free to post it up, just do it in different threat please.

so many people now claim the have axanthics.

Last edited:
time to clear up a few things, for those that don't know me, i was the breeder of the axanthics that larks has,

only 3 people got axanthics from me, larks got a pair, grumpy (nicole) got 1, and gabe got 1, i did sell the clutch mates, but these were sold before they were proven, now all the clutch mates that were sold were 66% hets, i also bred the original male to another 2 f/ms, he was also a hypo, those that can remember will also remember even my hypos were claimed by others to be not true, but these hypo hatchys and normal hatchys from these pairings were only 33% hets, as the f/m hypo and normal coastal f/m had no axanthic gens, so anybody who got any of these coastals have between 33% and 66% chance of having 1 that is a het, BUT unless they also got more then 1 that turned out to be hets the chances of breeding an axanthic is slim, unless somebody is keeping heaps of the hatchlings and breeding them back to each other,
now just for the record i also bred several other coastals, so from the hundreds of coastal hatchys i sold over the years i bred, only 30/40 of these have any chance of being het for axanthic, and the chances that 1 person got 2 from me are even less,
i also know some of the clutch mates to the 2 axanthics larks have died within the first year, this was due to a few reasons, mostly just bad luck,

i also still have 100% of my paper work for every coastal hatchy i bred and sold, and larks and i are still in close contact so if ever anybody claims to have my snakes or one of my axanthics they should know that it can be checked out,

as for hoppas, who is also a close friend of mine, she has never stated it was mine and it isn't, yes i have seen the snake in person, and offered to buy it a few times before i sold my reptiles, to me it could be axanthic, but as stated it has never been bred, so is still unproven, but still a very nice coastal,

not sure how many remember the possible axanthic looking coastal zobo had, it was from the same line as hoppas, i was contacted not long ago by the person who said he now owns the other snakes that zobo had, again he was told it was one of mine, and i had to tell him it wasn't, zobo never got a coastal from me directly,

also i know 100% that both the original parents have both died and were never bred from apart from the 2 years i bred them, the male dies 2 years ago from a tumor in his mouth while i still owned him, he had 1 failed clutch of eggs after i moved to brissy to my hypo f/m, the original f/m who was my mums first ever snake also died after she was sold by my mum to somebody else, in my opinion something went wrong with her when she laid her second clutch of eggs and that was the reason i didn't bring her to brissy with me, and the buyer knew my opinion but still bought her knowing she most likely wouldn't breed again,

what i have wrote here is only what i believe to be true, but i could be wrong,

not sure it helps clear things up, but i can say for certain that larks was the only person who got a pair of axanthics from me,

Thanks for posting that up Steve, it should clear up a few things for those who aren't familiar with the history of this line.

Now here's a pic of what can be created from breeding 2 of these axanthics together, this pic is of a normal axanthic and a caramel ghost (hypo caramel and axanthic in the one snake).

Caramelghostandanaxanthic.jpg

Ok after talking to Hoppa via email it appears that this lovely looking snake is NOT a proven axanthic.
I'm all for people coming out with there suspected axanthics but until they are proven they are just that ... suspected axanthic.
This thread is about proven axanthics not grey coastals that may be axanthic. So if you have a grey coastal that you suspect may be axanthic please feel free to post it up, just do it in different threat please.

A lot of people should take notice of this post before they pin any fancy names to what is more often than not just natural variation to individual animals...... it gives me the *****s especially when there are many breeders who are tight lipped & patient on 5-6 years projects & then muppets come a long with some animal they have acquired a week ago for $50 and start calling it a morph.

A lot of people should take notice of this post before they pin any fancy names to what is more often than not just natural variation to individual animals...... it gives me the *****s especially when there are many breeders who are tight lipped & patient on 5-6 years projects & then muppets come a long with some animal they have acquired a week ago for $50 and start calling it a morph.

Couldn't agree more and most have no idea of the mode of inheritance and slap a fancy name on it anyway, Bit of a joke really.

Thanks for posting that up Steve, it should clear up a few things for those who aren't familiar with the history of this line.

Now here's a pic of what can be created from breeding 2 of these axanthics together, this pic is of a normal axanthic and a caramel ghost (hypo caramel and axanthic in the one snake).

Caramelghostandanaxanthic.jpg

is the caramel in the ghost co dom? i would have thought the axanthic would of turned out more like your ghost and a ghost would of been alot lighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back