Axanthic Coastals (proven)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a pair of pure axanthic darwins hatchlings and poss hets that were produced this year and a guy in south Australia has a single adult so there will be pure snow darwins getting around soon as well

Is this line of axanthics proven? have you got any information on them? and why would a pure axanthic produce possible hets.

Or is there a possibility that these are the IJ axanthics from overseas that have popped up all of a sudden and being passed of as pure Darwins? Not saying that they are but is there any proof that they are Darwins or axanthic.

Last edited:
For starts D3pro the troll comment was uncalled for....

Defiantly pure Darwins not from overseas. Two normal looking darwins were put together and produce a grey hypo looking female and 5 normal looking sibs(2 females since proven to be normal and 3 males not yet proven to be 100% het) the mother was quiet small when breed and I believe as a result died soon after laying. The father was put back over the daughter this season and produced 1 hypo axanthic looking male and a male/female axanthic pair as well as 8 normal
looking sibs still some work to go but looks pretty promising to me as for the other axanthic adult with a guy in SA I don't know the full back ground on it.

Thanks for the reply citrus, so are you saying the father was put over the axanthic looking daughter?

Ok .... so it looks promising even though your numbers are a bit off, if the male is het for axanthic and the female is axanthic you should get half a clutch of axanthics .... but the answer to my question would be no they are not proven, so what you have there are possible axanthics, I really hope they prove out for you .... would love to see some pic's if you have any.

There was a couple of slugs, Also when father was put over the other two normal looking daughters no grey offspring so looks to be recessive but yes still more work to do yet

Last edited:
Cool ... any pic's of your possible axanthic??

Mate I'm on my phone if you pm me your email and I will send you the photos I can share at this point in time

PM sent :)

Got PM back still can't produce a pic ...... time will tell. :)

Last edited:
Jo and Larks didn't get called trolls or told they were full of BS. I'm pretty sure that up until this point everyone praised them.
If you have an unproven morph and you're trying to pass it off like it's already been perfected and proven then don't get upset when you get called on it. I think it's more a case of put up or shut up rather than anyone trying to put anyone down.

Well said saxi.. like larks said it's exciting to hear about new morphs, but you cant expect people to believe it until you have proof and are willing to share all the information to back it up. Otherwise it's pointless and just hearsay..

Also no one has told you that you are full of BS or knocked you.. if you make a claim that you have a morph you have to expect people to ask you questions and make inquries about the project.. it's a forum :)

Last edited:
Steve Brooks in a nice guy, know him well he has bought many of my sexy fish, and given me lots of info on snakes :)

Last edited:
Jo and Larks didn't get called trolls or told they were full of BS. I'm pretty sure that up until this point everyone praised them.
If you have an unproven morph and you're trying to pass it off like it's already been perfected and proven then don't get upset when you get called on it. I think it's more a case of put up or shut up rather than anyone trying to put anyone down.

Wayne and Jo may not have, but steve certainly copped his fair amount of crap from people about his greys.

Well done on proving them out, and i'm sure steve was wrapped in the result also. Can't wait to see what else you get out of them in the future, plenty of potential with this bloodline.

I have a 6 yr old male axanthic coastal. He is a gorgeous grey. I think I may have been the first to have 1, way back when I joined this forum. I am selling his sister in the marketplace.

:facepalm:

A lot of BS tainting a credible thread which represents a step forward in carpet morphology.

I have a 6 yr old male axanthic coastal. He is a gorgeous grey. I think I may have been the first to have 1, way back when I joined this forum. I am selling his sister in the marketplace.

That's a nice snake but can you tell us what makes it axanthic?

Ok after talking to Hoppa via email it appears that this lovely looking snake is NOT a proven axanthic.
I'm all for people coming out with there suspected axanthics but until they are proven they are just that ... suspected axanthic.
This thread is about proven axanthics not grey coastals that may be axanthic. So if you have a grey coastal that you suspect may be axanthic please feel free to post it up, just do it in different threat please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back