Big olive

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the biggest olive python recorded was 6.2metres in a wildlife place i think huge i love them,

Going by the build of snake, head size, size of wallaby not knowing age, but development on features etc, i would be putting it at around 16 - 17 ft

Here is a bigger picture.

i-gFcVs6C-X2.jpg

The real possibilities is that the macro isn't a wallaroo but a smaller species like a northern nailtail which would halve most estimations of length. There is a definate lighter marking on the shoulder.

You can't see the whole snake but compared to the wallaroo, it must be well over 25 foot.. I had no idea they could reach that size.. Does anyone no what the biggest recorded is?

:) You can come fishing in my boat anyday with guesses on sizes like those.

What I find confusing is there is no ripple on waters surfice. Was the Wallaby swimming or coming down for a drink.
Had the Olive already coiled and released, trying to drag it up? You would think the Olive would have coiled and begun to devour. Which means the Python should be down at waters edge?
I don't get it.

What I find confusing is there is no ripple on waters surfice. Was the Wallaby swimming or coming down for a drink.
Had the Olive already coiled and released, trying to drag it up? You would think the Olive would have coiled and begun to devour. Which means the Python should be down at waters edge?
I don't get it.

I think it's already dead.

Olive's get very big. I met one on Cobourg Peninsular that broke all the rules.
No pics didnt happen they reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back