Big olive

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

longqi

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Did anyone ever discus how big the olive was in the picture of an olive trying to drag a wallaby up a rockface in Katherine was

There is some discussion about whether or not olives should be included in the big 5 rather than scrubbies

I think that would be the most impressive olive Ive ever heard of but not easy to guesstimate its size

Pretty sure it was a real photo taken a few years ago from a tour boat in the gorge

niceee, thatd be a cool photo! where can i check it out?

haha! I remember my dad showing me that pic along time ago :) great memories :)

Hear we go guys
7b628510-9ae2-54cb.jpg

It's quite funny, I'm pretty sure Karijini have tried to claim that pic was taken there. Just one of those stories I suppose where many people claim the origins, much like the BHP eating a goanna!

You can't see the whole snake but compared to the wallaroo, it must be well over 25 foot.. I had no idea they could reach that size.. Does anyone no what the biggest recorded is?

I dont think it was quite 25ft really
But someone must have got reasonably accurate guesses??

I'm pretty sure that was taken in the Kimberly's, where are the Karijini Andrew?

Thanks for that. If the wallaby was dead wouldn't it just move down to eat it? Why
would it need to haul it up? Hmmm.....

Bloody awesome animal just the same.

Stone was telling me that they run a tape over on they found in the kimberley that went 5.5m,so up to that size would be quite believable.
cheers
simon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back