Where Do You Feed Your Python? Another simple question:

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davobmx

Reaction score
another simple question that gets thrown around. i feed my carpet in a little critter keeper box mainly for the sake that it is easier to view the feeding and much easier to clean afterwards if she makes a bloody mess of her food.

peice of paper towel and thats it. i sit keiko's mice on the paper towel and get her out, sit her on my side table and and she gets in her pot and then goes bananas

I feed my jungle in her enclosure, I know alot of people don't feed in enclosures as they feel it can cause unwarranted strikes at other times, but firstly my jungle has never struck at me or the breeder EVER, and secondly I put down a plastic container lid on the enclosure floor to put the rat on if she won't take it from the tongs. I put this in before i even start deforsting her rat, as soon as she sees the lid she knows it means food and goes into strike position on one of her branches. Probably not everyone's cup of tea but it works for me

I have tried both methods, feeding in and out of the enclosures, prsonally I had more problems feeding outside especially when the snakes get large.
Simple answer though, I feed in my enclosures.

I've started putting a tile in the enclosure whilst the food thaws and feeding him on that to minimise substrate intake. When he's hunting I feed him on his branch but he almost always ends up on the ground one way or another lol

My water python, Graham Nicholson, has decided rats taste better if eaten upside down. So, I chuck the rat in, he heads up onto his perch and hammers it from there, every time. Bit weird.

my swc has never struck me anyway so i might feed her in her enclosure next time to see how well that goes. i always fed my stimson in his enclosure but that was because he wouldn't take it from tongs, he liked to suss his food out for a minute or 2.

i always feed my pythons in the mouth, that way they never miss a feed. it has worked for me for several years now. thanks

had a laugh last nite, stirred my bhp with the scent of a fresh killed rat which stirs him up so much he smashed and coiled around a piece of coloured in A4 paper

Feed mi coastal in her cage hang it in front of her and she gravity feeds her self pretty cool :)

Hills Hoist

so much more fun, and they all love natures tumble dryer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back