New baby girl...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake007

Reaction score
Hey me and my wife are haveing a a baby girl in the next 10 week or so and we are stuck on spelling of a name

Crystil

Crystel

Chrystel

:) thanks

Yeah i agree, my niece's name is Crystal, & i wished they had spelt it differently!! What about just changing the C to a K?

Oh & congrats & goodluck by the way!

as both a teacher and some one who has a named spelt the stupid way (shea instead of shay - people are forever pronouncing it incorrect which i got teased for in school) i implore you to spelt it the normal way, or at least a minor variation, so the Crystel or Crystal. also, i have never been able to buy anything with my name of it *sigh.

I have a friend called Krystal, i personally like the K better.
But when changing a word like "crystal" it does just look like you have bad spelling so if you want it to actually be different, i suggest changing it a bit more.
but, to answer your question, crystil is my favourite out of them.

Crystil Elouise Is what we are going for we are pretty sure Elouise as a middle name. The reason we are haveing a C for Crystil is cause my wife's name starts with a C so yer :)

Thank you

Why not go right out there and name her Ckrystle Ellouweeze? That would be different. Or even turn her name into a symbol like prince did.

Spell the poor girl's name right, she's going to have it for the rest of her life.

Why is it these days everyone wants to do something weird and different? Then the kids get to school and the parents find out everyone else had the same thoughts?

I swear if I have another child I'll call it something like Lee....

Instead of Jason my nephew got called Jamaine.... Im still trying to work out why...
And nathan....nate?
Explaining their names is going to suck

i have the names picked out for if i have kids

i plan to adopt baby boys and change their name!!! i can't actually have them :( but these are the names
Henry Evan
Vahn (pronounced Van) Wolfe

i have loved those names since i was young and always said that's what they'll be.

Why would you try and spell such a well known word differently? Your poor daughter will have to correct people all her life for no good reason.

Also, it will be assumed that her and her parents are either illiterate or bogans (or both).

Last edited:
It's not only modern names that people get mixed up with..... my name is as basic as anyone could get.... Anne ....but people still wonder if it's got an ... E .... on the end or not !! I get most upset if people leave off the... E ...and likewise Ann's who don't have the .... E .... hate having it added. I have a grandson who is named.... Jakob .... instead of Jacob, and I'm so used to it now, I love it spelled with a K in the middle. I really don't think it matters much, there are so many unusual names around not and Crystel...or however you want to spell it, is a lot better than some of them out there.

I like Crystel (or Krystel)
I called my daughter Keara (as in key-ara) and alot of people call her Kirra so if you go with Chrystel be careful that some people don't pronounce it wrong (as in cry-stel, you know like chrysler (pronunciation)) did that make sense? :|
It is a beautiful name that you have chosen :) Congratulations to you both!

I guess there's always...... Christel ....!! My son's name is Christopher and for many, many years I called him .... Fred ... because when he was little he liked the chocolates.. Freddo Frogs !! :D My daughters name is.... Rebecca ...I've always called her Beccy ... but she prefers ... Bec ... which I hate. And there are many different ways of spelling Rebecca, and I've seen Christopher spelled with a ... K .... in front, so I guess basically you can do what you like.

my name is crystal and it is spelt exactly how it sounds. i went to school with a few of them and not one were spelt the same as me still to this day i have not met one with the same spelling and i am 23 soon. i like unusual names but i am a firm beleiver that they should be spelt right so dumb people dont stuff it up :D i hated when people spelt my name wrong. in the end its up to you but i recommend the proper spelling :D oh n congrats my kids names are amelia and dexter :D

You know in some countries the names you can choose for kids has to be picked from an official book with official spelling. Great idea i think.
in bali the hindus can only have a first name of either wayan, made (pronounced mar-day),nyoman or ketut and these are given in the order of which your born and once they have more than 4 kids they just go back to the name wayan and start again.there are a few different names that the higher class people are allowed to use and they have no family last name like we do there last name is completely random kinda like our first and middle names

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back