New baby girl...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it's not fair but it happens. Life isn't fair...

Well my Haydon is far from wild!
I don't think that it is fair to judge children pre-emptively (sp?) based on their name alone. I hope the teachers here can leave their name predudices behind when meeting new children in their classes. I believe if you treat a child like they are a trouble maker that is one sure way to create one.

my kids are isabell beth and abigail.. i get isobell? belle? izabell? beth? what? abbie, abie, abi, abs.. drives me nuts when i say to them THEYRE OLD FASHIONED NAMES DONT ASSUME IM A REDNECKED STUPIDLY LONG FRENCH TIPPED NAILS KNEE HIGH BOOTED BOGAN WHO NAMES HER KIDS Haysoos (Jesus people, its Jesus).. Kortina, etc.. oh and i just had a bogan friend that had a kid and called HIM Gaga.. Yes, a boy called Gaga.. I take great pleasure in saying Googoo Gaga what heels are we wearing today? I'm all for changing a C for a K or something similar but I hate it when the poor kid is in grade three next to my kids and I'm asking him 'no serious dude did you say your names *****house?' 'no miss its said Hay Hoos.. 'oh sorry little dude, one last question, do your parents hate you?'

I pity any teacher in sydney, all the different races and different names that come along with them, must make life hard! i cant even say my landlords name.....

Try names like Ngalwakadj or Nangamarrung!

Well my Haydon is far from wild!
I don't think that it is fair to judge children pre-emptively (sp?) based on their name alone. I hope the teachers here can leave their name predudices behind when meeting new children in their classes. I believe if you treat a child like they are a trouble maker that is one sure way to create one.

Oh we don't judge or treat them differently. We just notice the trends!

Try names like Ngalwakadj or Nangamarrung!

Lol! that would be just as hard! i went to school with a ngaire! took me until i was expelled with her to figure out how her name was pronounced!

my kids are isabell beth and abigail.. i get isobell? belle? izabell? beth? what? abbie, abie, abi, abs.. drives me nuts when i say to them THEYRE OLD FASHIONED NAMES DONT ASSUME IM A REDNECKED STUPIDLY LONG FRENCH TIPPED NAILS KNEE HIGH BOOTED BOGAN

My baby is Matilda Alexis, a good old fashioned aussie name: i get Matylda, tilla, mitylda. It peeves me no end- sick of saying "her name is M-A-T-I-L-D-A!!!" any good aussie should be able to spell her name....

but please- dont assume i am a rednecked Bogan, because i like having long french tipped nails and wear knee high boots!!!!

Last edited:
My two boys are named knucklehead and bonehead

My maiden name's a classic... as in biblical. Despite the fact that "Cohen" is everywhere nobody seemed to know (or ask me) how to spell it. I got any amount of Cowan, Cowen, one Cwan and for some strange reason "Cummings" once, but very few "Cohen"s.
What made matters worse is that my mother named me Jodi. Prosthetic 'e's anyone? Or perhaps a y today... even when I do spell it out, the 'e' is taken as a given despite the fact it's NOT THERE. I don't know, maybe they just don't know how to stop writing.
Oh yeah, the day I got "Cummings" I also got "Judie". Now that woman must have been hard of hearing. Surely.

My surname is..... Eustace .... we don't pronounce the... E .... at the front, so it's pronounced..." you...stace " ....you'd be amazed at how people try and pronounce it. I just tell them....think of ... useless. My maiden name wash... Mahony ... we pronounced it.... " mar...ney " !!! My middle name is... Therese ... I pronounce it.... trees ... many try and pronounce it.... treesa .. or ... trays !! But I never use my second name. You might find it interesting that I have a Stimmie, and the proper name for them is.... Anteresia Stimsoni .... The Anteresia very similar to my name ... I couldn't believe it when I first saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back