New baby girl...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
in bali the hindus can only have a first name of either wayan, made (pronounced mar-day),nyoman or ketut and these are given in the order of which your born and once they have more than 4 kids they just go back to the name wayan and start again.there are a few different names that the higher class people are allowed to use and they have no family last name like we do there last name is completely random kinda like our first and middle names

Alot of Indig cultures only use skin names, which in most places is inherited from the fathers side.

my name is crystal and it is spelt exactly how it sounds. i went to school with a few of them and not one were spelt the same as me still to this day i have not met one with the same spelling and i am 23 soon. i like unusual names but i am a firm beleiver that they should be spelt right so dumb people dont stuff it up :D i hated when people spelt my name wrong. in the end its up to you but i recommend the proper spelling :D oh n congrats my kids names are amelia and dexter :D

DEXTER IS SUCH A MAD NAME I wanted a boy to name him dexter I love that name :)

To every one here that has spoken
WHAT IS NORMAL these days ? Please tell me I really don't think there is a normal these days

Beyonce named we daughter blue ivory LIKE WHAT THE HELL I'm changing 1 letter in a name just saying :)

If there's nothing normal these days then the most 'normal' thing is to be different. Ergo, what you are doing is pointless!

BTW, i'm a teacher and there are tonnes of Dexters out there. If you're trying to be different that is not the name to go for.

DEXTER IS SUCH A MAD NAME I wanted a boy to name him dexter I love that name :)

To every one here that has spoken
WHAT IS NORMAL these days ? Please tell me I really don't think there is a normal these days

Beyonce named we daughter blue ivory LIKE WHAT THE HELL I'm changing 1 letter in a name just saying :)

And congrats for your baby! :)

Last edited:
I've always thought the name... Beyonce .... was a really weird one. Some people look up foreign names for their meanings, or even Aboriginal names....more different than getting an Anglosaxon name and changing the spelling.

If there's nothing normal these days then the most 'normal' thing is to be different. Ergo, what you are doing is pointless!

BTW, i'm a teacher and there are tonnes of Dexters out there. If you're trying to be different that is not the name to go for.

And congrats for your baby! :)

What's with this about TEACHERS like geee my mum is a teacher WHO CARES IF YOU ARE A TEACHER IT'S NOTHING SPECIAL i have 5 friends that are a teacher now it's nothing special to say "btw I'm a teacher" ( btw I dident asked what you did for a job)

All I asked was what way do u like spelt better if ya don't like any way WHY BOTHER SAYING ANYTHING

People should just spell names normally, all the variations are too confusing and (like others have mentioned) just look like you can't spell.

cristel well thats nice but i have to agree that is a bogan way to spell it

but Crystil is not on there

Congratulations!

I have chosen names for my children based on the meaning. My eldest (born in UK) is called Haydon which means "wooded valley" then we moved to Oz and find every 2nd male called Hayden (rosy meadow). He is always having to tell people how to spell it correctly and gets upset when it is spelt wrong - especially on school documentation. But there is no way I would change it as I don't think he is a rosy meadow!

Having said that, I would choose the original spelling of Crystal as that has meaning. We didn't choose the name Haydon to be different - it just happens to be unusual here. If the meanings were reversed then he would have been Hayden. It may be very frustrating for your child as she is growing up with an unusual spelling.

Everyone keeps saying to spell the name normally.

Who or what defines what is ‘normal’?

If it is the most common at the time, then it is often considered to be ‘normal’.

So if half of the women in Australia who give birth in the month of February all call their kids Brixatron (therefore making it common), then I guess that would become normal.

'Normal' is a subjective concept, varying from person to person. I vote let the man spell it the way he wants :)

Congratulations on the upcoming arrival. It's just my opinion, but Crystal is a pretty name as is.

What's with this about TEACHERS like geee my mum is a teacher WHO CARES IF YOU ARE A TEACHER IT'S NOTHING SPECIAL i have 5 friends that are a teacher now it's nothing special to say "btw I'm a teacher" ( btw I dident asked what you did for a job)

All I asked was what way do u like spelt better if ya don't like any way WHY BOTHER SAYING ANYTHING

Because being a teacher and working with kids you get to know the current trends in names. That and we are a pretty smart bunch, we like to help especially with spelling! =)

come on its waruikazi where talking about here hes gotta comment on everything:D

Thomas... I like you, you graduate to calling me Gordo now! :)

My friend, the son of Mr & Mrs Banks was named Robin. Ha ha ha try telling the cops that! Some parents have a strange sense of humour.

Could be worse. I knew a kid called Eric Scott Nobles, without a word of a lie. (Say it aloud...)
You're kind of screwed as a young boy having the name Nobles as it is... but to give him the middle name Scott?? His parents were either mean, twisted or never realised what they did...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back