Dreadlocks and large piercings.....just wondering...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of interesting ones:

Attachments

• Leopard man.jpg
    Leopard man.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Tiger man.jpg
    Tiger man.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 86
Ok so do any of you get headaches from the weight of the dreads? Guess you'd get used to it as the hair grows? I know I get headaches if my hair gets too long and it's only fine hair. I haven't seen many women with dreads either now I think about it. Maybe one in the last 5 or so years :shock:

You get used to it, but it can be really noticeable at times. I can start to feel at after sitting at desk for a few hours, usually just in the neck and shoulders. My girlfriend who has had her dreads for nearly 6 years has some similar things.

The weight is definitely one of the major things people comment on if they get them cut off, that and how much easier it is to sleep and how nice it is to put their head under a shower :p

Well, maybe they'd think I was.... cool for an old fashioned woman for asking about their dreads etc....or on the other hand they might just as likely tell me to.... F off and mind my own F...ing business !! :lol:

Have never had anyone say that to me and I've spoken to all types lol.

In my humble and misguided opinion some women with dreds and tats/piercing etc just look plain, well, BAM. HOT :) but hey. That's just me and i'm a little different and at times a little different catches my eye :)Some people can pull it off and others can't. Why do i personally have tats, piercing and dreds? I don't have dreds but they're a coming. Its cause i likey. I don't feel me when Im groomed immaculateleyly :) and suited up for an office job.

Last edited:
Interesting that you never see dreads, face tatts or stretched ears in the BRW's 200 richest Australians... Also I never see Doctors, lawyers, professors etc with this garb either...
Is it the image holding these people back, their mentality? education? wealth? Is body art a statement of social status? Is body art a way of showing you are against capitalism? It's interesting none the less to see where fashion meets success or wealth...
(I'm just a humble sparky, and not particularly educated BTW, son of a professor and related to a few people in the top 200 richest Australians. I see both sides of the world and I'm middle income myself, so I'm far from wealthy and even drive a bogan falcon.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had stretchers when I was young, I took them out almost two years ago and my ears have never been the same.

Also in regards to the above comment, I am studying law and work for a well-known law firm, and have four tattoos, one on the back of my neck.
They do not mind in the slightest and it doesn't bother me to think that some people may think less of me because of my tattoos.
Whos to say you can't be a successful businessman/woman and not show a little interest in body mod? Some people are just lucky to work with companies who do not judge or discriminate based on looks. :)

Working for a company is one thing. To be CEO and make a couple of million a year is another.... I look at my little brother. He's 31 and he paid cash for a 1.7 million dollar house in Hillary's WA. He looks the part, squeaky clean cut and very focussed on what he does.
( I was reffering to tattoo's on the front of peoples face. Tattoo's on necks etc seem to be more socially acceptable.)

Yes well some companies may not be happy with potential CEO's being covered in tattoos but not everybody aspires to reach such a position.
I took careful consideration before getting my tattoos as to where my career was heading and what I hoped to acheive, and not once have I felt that I will be held back from reaching those goals due to my tattoos. It all depends on if you secure yourself a position within a company who is not baised, and also your career path.

In saying so, I would not get a tattoo on my arms, legs, face, etc. Not because I think my current company would mind, as there are people working with us who do have tattoos that are very visible, but because you never know where the future may take you. I think alot more people are accepting tattoos and body mod these days, however there will always be some people who are stuck in the 18th century.

Yeah that was my point. The body art people don't seem to aspire to be at the top. I doubt we will ever see a surgeon with a blue tattoo face! Or perhaps Andrew Forrest or Clive Palmer with stretched ear lobes???

Yeah that was my point. The body art people don't seem to aspire to be at the top.

Some might, you never know, people have lots of reasons to engage in body mod.
I do agree though, out of my friends, its the ones with excessive tattoos who are hoping to sail by in life without putting too much effort in.
That's not to say I think that all tattooed people are like this. Like I said, I have tattoos myself and many of my family members do too.

I think face tattoos would be perfect if you aspired to be a tattoo artist. :)

Edit: Also, some people may have been raised to be straight A students who's only aspirations in life ARE to be at the top.

I'm not anti body art either. Just an observation when I look at my mates and the likes of my brothers mates. Chalk and cheese really. Thats why I was asking the question. Is it the body art or the mentality of people who get body art that stops them from being the next John Grill?

I think it's abit of both, but I'd say more a mentality issue personally.
If I didn't want to be a lawyer, then I would probably have more visible tattoos by now.
I guess alot of people turn 18 and don't think about that though, they just think OMGOMGOMGTATTOOS.!

Haha :)
When I was younger I always wanted HEAPS of tattoos once I turned 18, but then I actually started thinking about my future and where I wanted to be and realized if I was going to do that - I would have to hide them. People will always have different opinions though :) but I do agree with what you're saying - alot of the "richies" have a very clean image.

QUOTE=Snowman;2149418]hahaha true! :)[/QUOTE]

In my humble and misguided opinion some women with dreds and tats/piercing etc just look plain, well, BAM. HOT :) but hey. That's just me and i'm a little different and at times a little different catches my eye :)Some people can pull it off and others can't. Why do i personally have tats, piercing and dreds? I don't have dreds but they're a coming. Its cause i likey. I don't feel me when Im groomed immaculateleyly :) and suited up for an office job.

Haha I LOVE tattooed women. But the tattoos have to suit their figure. And I like mine still feminine, even though I'm no girly girl myself, but I don't wanna reach 50 and look like I was once in a biker gang. Not that there's anything wrong with that of course, bit I'm not in biker gang haha

Yeah that was my point. The body art people don't seem to aspire to be at the top. I doubt we will ever see a surgeon with a blue tattoo face! Or perhaps Andrew Forrest or Clive Palmer with stretched ear lobes???

The good thing about Body Mod is you can have them and no one can tell if you like,....Who's to say Andrew "Twiggy" Forrest doesn't have a 8mm Prince Albert a full back tattoo or does suspension late on Saturday nights away from prying eyes. Assumption not a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back