Dreadlocks and large piercings.....just wondering...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok see here goes. Boyfriend of five years Liam. He actually works I hospitality with these things hanging out but customers love him. He has received 4x100% secret shop reviews in his restaurant and is just starting up working for a tattoo artist for free on his days off. So proud :)

31b8062b-1804-e403.jpg

Me with septum, 15mm stretchers and one side spider bites. Thinking of stretching much bigger though?

31b8062b-18bd-ca4f.jpg

Formal pic of four dermals on chest (sorry they're not clear but I can't access man pictures of this phone) They were only a week old at the time so still show a bi of bruising.

31b8062b-1923-b021.jpg

And just the tattoos I've already uploaded that boyfriend has designed. Thigh piece and hips.
31b8062b-19b6-0a7a.jpg
31b8062b-19ee-9d2b.jpg
31b8062b-1a29-c9e7.jpg

Sorry for the dodge amount of photos I'm sure I have clearer quality but can't access them from here :(

Who else has pictures of their dreads/piercings to show gran? :D

There's actually a group of women in an African tribe and they put large clay plates in their bottom lips. Apparently to the men it makes them very attractive. I saw a doco on them a couple of years ago and they also interviewed a couple of young tribal women who refused to have it done to them, they just didn't like it. And let's not forget the tribes that put the rings around their necks and in days gone by the binding of womens feet in Japan. All fashion trends at the time.

Those African ladies are so interesting, it's crazy how our culture thinks its mental and it's the norm to them. Hope you're getting all of your answers :)

Wow you're really pretty and yeah the colours in those are really bright. Nice and girly :p

This is from a couple of years ago when the dreads came in handy for a pirate party
284_51247755437_601475437_3289242_7581_n.jpg

And this shows you about how long they were before they got the chop
DSC_0018.jpg

Wow holy moly Saximus those dreads suit you SO much! Do you still have them that long?

Oh just read, you chopped them off :( what's your hair like now?

Aww dang, they looked amazing though! They looked really neat which is how I reckon they look best :) I bet it's good not having to drag a head full of hair around or worry about washing it now!

Haha thanks yeah my fiancée was really good and always fixed them for me.
Yeah I'm a diver and I do a bit of spearfishing so even though I miss them at times I love being able to go swimming any time I want and not carry all the weight around.

Ok this is my ugly from 2007 trip to Switzerland, she's a fellow "kiwi" who is married to a swiss bloke whom they own a cafe that I visited. Freaked out when I told her I was there to check out snakes.
PA111960.jpg

Ohhhh my gawwwd! They are so long! You fellas are crazy! How long we're you growing those babies for!?

10mm ears (Debating if i'll go bigger or not), 2.5mm septum (which will be going to 3mm soon) and my latest addition of labret and snakebites which i had done all in one go (Had such a fat lip the next day hahaha). Not sure what i'll get next, but it sure is addictive to get more and more lol.:)

Attachments

• 404802_2931906770923_1058623539_2339492_484081718_n.jpg
    404802_2931906770923_1058623539_2339492_484081718_n.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 125
Why thankyou. You going to get one now? ;)

ROFLAO....not friggen likely.... :)

Ok this is my ugly from 2007 trip to Switzerland, she's a fellow "kiwi" who is married to a swiss bloke whom they own a cafe that I visited. Freaked out when I told her I was there to check out snakes.
PA111960.jpg

WOW....A M A Z I N G....never seen any as long as that before...I gotta say...THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL !!!!

yup the dreads looked awesome , haha I haven't even colored my hair.. I just keep it boring... don't want to scare the customers!
oh I also have a 16mm septum... but no pics

Haha, poor straight hairs, gotta work to get dreddies! I kept dreads for a few years in my youth, all it took was not brushing it. Few twists here and there to get the ball rolling and they pretty much made themselves. I did spend a fair bit of time amongst Rastas back then, I'm sure they'd chuckle at waxing, crochet needles, etc, I know I am! :lol: Helps that I have a naturally super tight 'fro though! ;)

Love your dreads Saximus and getarealdog. Getarealdog....how often do you have to wash them and do they need maintenance every day? I have wanted dreads for a while now but not sure I want the maintenance. Atm my long silver hair is just tied up and twisted as I hate hair around my face so keep it long or did have a no.2 for while.

There's a site where you can buy all the gear, shampoos, hats etc. to make your own.

Thanks in advance :)

My son and his wife both have tattoos and my daughter does too. My daughter has a beautiful unicorn on her right ankle and recently had a peace sign in the form of leaves put on the top of her arm. I don't like that one so much. My son has a two bladed propeller across his back. His new wife (2nd wife of 1 yr) has a lot of tattoos, all on her back and down one thigh and leg....beautiful designs. But they all live in other states from me, so I don't get the opportunity to talk to them much. It's not the tattoos that I was most curious about, but the large hole piercings. I'm afraid if I was to approach people they might just think I'm a silly old fashioned woman who may be going to have a go at them....and of course I'm not.

More than likely they would think you're pretty cool for an old fashioned woman having asked them. And you could change their opinion of our generation lol.

Last edited:
Love your dreads Saximus and getarealdog. Getarealdog....how often do you have to wash them and do they need maintenance every day? I have wanted dreads for a while now but not sure I want the maintenance. Atm my long silver hair is just tied up and twisted as I hate hair around my face so keep it long or did have a no.2 for while.

There's a site where you can buy all the gear, shampoos, hats etc. to make your own.

Thanks in advance :)

More than likely they would think you're pretty cool for an old fashioned woman having asked them. And you could change their opinion of our generation lol.

Well, maybe they'd think I was.... cool for an old fashioned woman for asking about their dreads etc....or on the other hand they might just as likely tell me to.... F off and mind my own F...ing business !! :lol:

LOL @ "cool for an old fashioned woman" haha

Your only 61 , I have mate who got his first tattoo in his mid 60s now he has half a body suit and "big ears" ... You should get dreads Grannieannie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back