Giving pit bull owners a bad name

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even going to watch, I have a thing for crocks. I would watch if the crocks mouth wasnt taped shut. I would like to see the dogs owner explain the missing lims to the vet and PETA. People are sick!

There have been more fatal attacks by labradors than pitbulls in Australia.

That's because the good ones stay out of the news, and don't make a big deal out of the fact that they own a pitty.
"Pit Bull is great family pet and doesn't attack anyone" isn't going to sell any papers.

And unfortunately, the more popular a dog breed is, the more bad examples of it show up because people will breed them indiscriminately to make a quick buck. Just have a look at all the poor examples of "pure" Amstaffs around at the moment.

Ahhhhh I wish i could 'like' and agree more with this and allll your other posts on the subject... NICE!!!! ;)

Bahahahah the nastiness on APS between members never ceases to amaze me. Anyways, I shall refrain from adding to it.
Good/Responsible owner = good dog. That being said, animals are animals and precautions are necessary. Which include education for the owner and training for the dog. A lot of hard work needs to be done early to establish a healthy relationship between the animal and the owner, and a lot of hard work needs to going into teaching the animal how to interact with others (children, adults, other animals). Even then this will not be enough, a close eye always needs to be kept when the dog is in the presence of others.

There have been more fatal attacks by labradors than pitbulls in Australia.
In fact they are dead even at zero yes zero.
Since 1977 according to the bureau of statistics there have been 5 fatal dog attacks in australia ,the breeds involved were dingo, bull mastiff, german shepherd ,australian cattle dog and jack Russell terrier.
Now according to the dog bite statistics for australia American Pit Bull Terriers are 46 on the list behind just about every other breed you can think of. did someone say legislation driven by media hype hmmm.

Hahaha woops that'll show me to check facts before quoting what I have heard.. sorry!

I may be mistaken, but wasn't there a fatality in August last year from a pitbull attack in St Albans which led to the whole debate on banning pitbulls? Pretty sure a 4 year-old was mauled.

Since 1977 according to the bureau of statistics there have been 5 fatal dog attacks in australia ,the breeds involved were dingo, bull mastiff, german shepherd ,australian cattle dog and jack Russell terrier.
Now according to the dog bite statistics for australia American Pit Bull Terriers are 46 on the list behind just about every other breed you can think of. did someone say legislation driven by media hype hmmm.

I may be mistaken, but wasn't there a fatality in August last year from a pitbull attack in St Albans which led to the whole debate on banning pitbulls? Pretty sure a 4 year-old was mauled.

That sounds familiar. Wasn't it a little sudanese girl?

Since 1977 according to the bureau of statistics there have been 5 fatal dog attacks in australia ,the breeds involved were dingo,

I hope thats not the Chamerlain case. It wasn't the dog!!!

Since 1977 according to the bureau of statistics.

But don't forget that stastictics can prove anything. 39.8% os Statititions will tell you that.

Last edited:

It was never proven to be a pittbull it was apparently a pittbull cross with one of the bull breeds..

'Statistics from the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention show that of 238 fatalities linked to dog attack in the US between 1979 and 1998, 66 were blamed on pit bulls and another 10 on pit bull crosses.Rottweilers were the next biggest group, with 39 deaths attributable to purebreds and five to rottweiler crosses. '

So..let them go until we catch up to the yanks?

It was never proven to be a pittbull it was apparently a pittbull cross with one of the bull breeds..

Either way, those statistics quoted earlier would be wrong. I'm not against pitbulls or any dog for that matter - it's plain wrong/ignorant to blame a breed.

Either way, those statistics quoted earlier would be wrong. I'm not against pitbulls or any dog for that matter - it's plain wrong/ignorant to blame a breed.

Agreed as well. Would it be wise to somehow control the potential owners of dogs to see wether or not these breeds are suited to their lifestyle?

For example. (extreme of course) A man that has a history or police record of violent or adverse behavior, then owning a pitbull, rottie etc?
We know that the owner will more than likely teach this dog to behave in an agressive manner that may possibly eventuate an attack and maul a child?
Why dont you speak to your local mps and local dog association and see if a programn can be set in place so this aggresive behavior and naming and shaming of breeds can be reduced and better publicity is set in place?

people need to keep in mind that "pit bull" is a type not a breed, it encompasses pretty much all bull breeds, the breed is The American Pit Bull Terrier.. i remember 1 "attack" that the media blamed on pitties, when the dogs shown appeared to be more like a mastiff cross of some kind..

lolololololololololololol i know all about the big bad pittie attack in last year as do alot of people the dog was in fact a Labrador mix and they blew it up so it sounded alot worse then it was like when people say the seen a massive snake and honestly dont know if theres any pig hunters on here love the sport into it myself but ayy there dogs breed to kill but they get to live as long as you keep them in a pen and has any 1 called the cops about getting attacked by a jack russle the hang up on ya

Now according to the dog bite statistics for australia American Pit Bull Terriers are 46 on the list behind just about every other breed you can think of. did someone say legislation driven by media hype hmmm.[/QUOTE]

there seems to be more attacks by little dogs with little people syndrome than any of the so-called vicious dogs

there seems to be more attacks by little dogs with little people syndrome than any of the so-called vicious dogs[/QUOTE]

Attacked by toy poodle- couple of stitches, at worst.

Attacked by pit bull...

there seems to be more attacks by little dogs with little people syndrome than any of the so-called vicious dogs

Attacked by toy poodle- couple of stitches, at worst.

Attacked by pit bull...[/QUOTE]

toy poodle gets put down and not banned.

pit bull attacks and gets put down and banned.. I can see what your trying to say the damage a pittie can do compared to a ankle biter far out ways it but it's still the dog not the breed.

More people die from car crashes each year then every breed of dog put together do we ban cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back