Giving pit bull owners a bad name

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That dog seemed highly reactive, it's not necessarily the same as "aggression" in the sense that the dog indescriminately attacks out of impulse. It seemed to want to investigate the strange creature, given the opportunity, there is absolutely a very high chance it could injure the alligator/crocodile if it's prey drive kicks in. It's not a dog I'd trust off lead in any situation the way it is currently. It needs training, and is most certainly a dog that should not be considred for breeding.

I do dog obedience as a sport, my star student is a staffy. She was by no means a lovely clam dog when we started, she was a bit of a special needs case :p , I'd say she was similar to the above dog because she had excessive energy and anxiety levels for a staffy. Three years later we graduated to off lead :) . This year we're having a rest from obedience because of my studies but next year we will be competing in rally-O (Rally Obedience). She still has high energy levels so does jump up a little still :? but does not lunge at other dogs on our walks or pull on lead.

I've been to the pound a lot on the last year, I've seen true cases of aggression. A higher proportion are unfortunately bull breeds, and that goes hand in hand with the type of owner they attract. But I have seen aggressive dogs in all shapes and sizes, the absolute worst case so far was a pure border collie with severely matted fur on it's hindquarters. It was absolutely heartbreaking, I couldn't get within two metres of her kennel without her attacking the cage bars :'( .

The problem with aggressive dogs I predict will get worse. People are financially challenged will consider breeding their dog to make some extra money on the side. A very high proportion of these matings will occour with no consideration in producing healthy and good tempered offspring fit for adoption. As a non pedigreed staffy owner this is a significant concern, especially when legislation may extand to my dog IF they deem her to be a pitbull or pitbullx, I have no papers other than her registration to prove otherwise.

BTW is this thread in the proper section? there was a reptile in it but the topic of conversation seems to be dogs :p.

i am sick of people thinking that pit bulls are bad dogs, my dad owns one thats never bitten me or anyone, for everyone thats said its the owners, i agree.

ive been biteen by more chiauaus than pitbulls.

more pitty lovers on here then i thort good to see my partner started a potion awial ago we went every where even went 2 dapto markets we only got 50 or so signatures that hole day most people abused us 1 old bitch squirted water in pittys face i couldn't believe how many people hated them. in the 70s it was the dobermans then in the 80s it was the German Shepherd in the 90s the Rottweiler now its the pittys when will people see it is us the owners blame the deed not the breed

just hide ya dogs people no mater the breed it could be your best mate next ether on the kill list or at the wrong and Wrightpythons rifle

more pitty lovers on here then i thort good to see my partner started a potion awial ago we went every where even went 2 dapto markets we only got 50 or so signatures that hole day most people abused us 1 old bitch squirted water in pittys face i couldn't believe how many people hated them. in the 70s it was the dobermans then in the 80s it was the German Shepherd in the 90s the Rottweiler now its the pittys when will people see it is us the owners blame the deed not the breed

just hide ya dogs people no mater the breed it could be your best mate next ether on the kill list or at the wrong and Wrightpythons rifle

I've found that a lot of the people on the "crazy animal people forums" (and I do mean that in a good way), tend to have a more realistic view of issues like this and are far more likely to have half a brain when it comes to recognising media spin for what it is. Of course, we do get the odd nutjob, but on the whole, people who are dedicated to the animals they keep tend to be more compassionate towards animals in general, and have the experience to know that no two animals can be tarred with the same brush because regardless of species, they are all individual creatures with individual personalities.

And Jesus, there are a lot of people out there working towards the same goal of getting these ridiculous and archaic laws overturned, at the moment it's a waiting game, because this same **** has been tried all over the world for decades and it's never once worked, so now we have to wait for Joe Idiot Public to realise this to help us move on.

LOL!

Possibly one of the dumbest things I've seen written on this forum. Well done.

This verifies my original assertion. How the hell did you allow a "mate" to get bitten by one of your captive elapids?!?! Seriously, you have as much business keeping elapids as you do interacting with either dogs or the APS forum community. I mean *beep* me!! :facepalm:

I was trading him the captive bred inland tai and while removing said tai from click clack did dumb thing and opened lid with thumb below rim and whack two little blood spots appeared. The person who shall remain nameless has kept many species of elapid including coastal tai and eastern browns he actually bred two of my desert deathies. Anyway a trip in an ambulance and a visit from the police to confirm licence etc although they never asked to see it only asked if i had one then asked to see collection, one of them ended up getting licence then got a diamond yearling and a childreni sub yearling off me and turned out to be a damn nice bloke even though hes a cop. Trip in ambulance was waste because inland tai often dry bite defensivly and snake whisperer who made you chief and god and allows you to decide who should keep elapids or dogs or write on this forum. Beep you i wouldnt pisse on you if you were burning, the only reason you are on this forum is to make money plain and simple, you only contribute if you feel it gets you noticed and therefore free advertising. Anyone who buys snakes off someone like you who are only in it for the money is like buying puppy from a dog farm you make me sick how you are all high and mighty while acting in the reptiles interest what a load of trollup you are a pure and simple reptile money breeder and as such i hope one day you get a tai and leave your finger in the wrong place, not all bites are dry and you say the business of keeping im not a business i give my excess away i do mine for the love of the hobby not as a business as you seem to.

Why stop at dogs wrightpython? The human species kills more people then any dog, snake , crocodile , lion , hippo ect. So I would like to make an equally stupid and uneducated suggestion that we kill all humans and let god sort us out :) further more there are more children in hospital due to car accidents then dog attacks, so we should ban all cars?, again why stop there , there are more children that are physically and mentally scared due to abusive parents or guardians then dog attacks, let's ban parents? Or better yet maybe a license to have kids:) also there are more dogs, cats, birds ect. tortured and killed by children then animal attacks on people, so in my opinion we should confine and bound all children as I am sick of kids running in the streets at all hours of the night vandalizing and destroying my property or torturing and tormenting innocent animals, please think about what you are saying.

i reckon stop at the dogs and bannana benders.

Last edited:
looks like the dog doesn't want to hassle the gator but the stupid human on the other other end of the chain is geeing it up,most bullies are good dogs but have ****wit owners

All dogs whether tiny chihauhua or big irish wolf hounds should be made to wear a muzzle 24 hrs a day. The only time they should be allowed to be removed is when they are feeding at all other times a muzzle should be in place. Anyone who disagrees with this has never had there childs face ripped off by a neighbourhood dog that broke out of its yard and jumped into our neighbours where the kids were playing. Seven weeks in hospital and several major operations and pain and swelling for months after. The little girl is fine now however she is scared stiff of any dog and finds it hard to walk down street out of fear. On a side note the dog a red cattle cross staffy was put to sleep by the nice Mr Policemans vet

that's a bit extreme but people should take more responsibility for their animals

Last edited:
snake whisperer who made you chief and god and allows you to decide who should keep elapids or dogs or write on this forum.
and who made you god to decide that dogs should wear muzzles 24/7 give up your fighting a losing battle haven't you noticed not one person has agreed with your stupid remarks people like dogs thats why they say there mans best friends oh and im still here maybe the mods agreed with me earlier just rubbing that in

just get an amstaff or american bulldog they look just as pretty and were still allowed to have them they are awsome dogs, and of all the pitbulls my friends and i have had in the past (when they were legal) none of them were aggressive, its the way u you raise them.

and who made you god to decide that dogs should wear muzzles 24/7 give up your fighting a losing battle haven't you noticed not one person has agreed with your stupid remarks people like dogs thats why they say there mans best friends oh and im still here maybe the mods agreed with me earlier just rubbing that in

your not rubbing it in i was making a point that i upset a mod so they all started jumping on me and the date you joined that seems familiar is it an omen

your not rubbing it in i was making a point that i upset a mod so they all started jumping on me and the date you joined that seems familiar is it an omen
ooooooo i joined during september in 2011 you are a witty lil bugger but im still here so its not a bad omen

I was trading him the captive bred inland tai and while removing said tai from click clack did dumb thing and opened lid with thumb below rim and whack two little blood spots appeared. The person who shall remain nameless has kept many species of elapid including coastal tai and eastern browns he actually bred two of my desert deathies. Anyway a trip in an ambulance and a visit from the police to confirm licence etc although they never asked to see it only asked if i had one then asked to see collection, one of them ended up getting licence then got a diamond yearling and a childreni sub yearling off me and turned out to be a damn nice bloke even though hes a cop. Trip in ambulance was waste because inland tai often dry bite defensivly and snake whisperer who made you chief and god and allows you to decide who should keep elapids or dogs or write on this forum. Beep you i wouldnt pisse on you if you were burning, the only reason you are on this forum is to make money plain and simple, you only contribute if you feel it gets you noticed and therefore free advertising. Anyone who buys snakes off someone like you who are only in it for the money is like buying puppy from a dog farm you make me sick how you are all high and mighty while acting in the reptiles interest what a load of trollup you are a pure and simple reptile money breeder and as such i hope one day you get a tai and leave your finger in the wrong place, not all bites are dry and you say the business of keeping im not a business i give my excess away i do mine for the love of the hobby not as a business as you seem to.

i reckon stop at the dogs and bannana benders.

Lol, you got me pegged dude. I still think any moron who allows his mate to get bitten by a captive elapid should be taken over a knee and spanked though. Excuses are a lot like a-holes, everyone's got one and they all stink. Yours appears to be especially fragrant!

still here :D maybe sep11 is going to be a good omen for me then

With a few exceptions, most pitty owners I know have done more than enough to give themselves a bad name.

With a few exceptions, most pitty owners I know have done more than enough to give themselves a bad name.

That's because the good ones stay out of the news, and don't make a big deal out of the fact that they own a pitty.
"Pit Bull is great family pet and doesn't attack anyone" isn't going to sell any papers.

And unfortunately, the more popular a dog breed is, the more bad examples of it show up because people will breed them indiscriminately to make a quick buck. Just have a look at all the poor examples of "pure" Amstaffs around at the moment.

i agree there a popular dog but not many people can tell the difrence between a amstaf and a pit

Wrightpython just go wack a muzzle on ya self and shut the **** up your getin personal with people

i agree there a popular dog but not many people can tell the difrence between a amstaf and a pit

According to the general public, the main difference is that an amstaff won't eat their kids >.<
Ergo, if it's friendly, it's an amstaff. Honestly, I've stopped being surprised by the stupidity of people, now I'm just desensitised.

According to the general public, the main difference is that an amstaff won't eat their kids >.<
Ergo, if it's friendly, it's an amstaff. Honestly, I've stopped being surprised by the stupidity of people, now I'm just desensitised.

lol to true iv had people pat my pup and say shes gawjess then they ask wat she is ill tell them and there hands fly off her and start abuseing why is she not muzzled and what not after they where pating and playing with her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back