Missing snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yep my lil spotted can open a properly closed glass slider, i sat there a watched it myself!

They can also get through the smallest gaps that you would not think they are capable of squeezing through.

yep like the cord holes at the top of a reptile one enclosure!

or thru the gap between the glass sliding doors LOL

Glad she was found. They are fast too . Could of slipped away if you turned your back.

yep like the cord holes at the top of a reptile one enclosure!
or thru the gap between the glass sliding doors LOL

You would be surprised how often this happens. They can flatten themselves and push through between the glass, and other tiny spaces you wouldn't think they can get through ;)

Fold up some newspaper, and wedge it in between where the sliding glass doors join. Make sure it is in there firmly.
We had one little bugger who was able to push the newspaper out of the way.

Also, maybe consider housing them separately? That will pretty much assure you will never again have to worry about one eating the other.

You would be surprised how often this happens. They can flatten themselves and push through between the glass, and other tiny spaces you wouldn't think they can get through ;)

Fold up some newspaper, and wedge it in between where the sliding glass doors join. Make sure it is in there firmly.
We had one little bugger who was able to push the newspaper out of the way.

Also, maybe consider housing them separately? That will pretty much assure you will never again have to worry about one eating the other.

That's the funny thing! I had the gap in the doors covered, Silicone air hose for fishtanks is AMAZING (little tip for my peeps out there) cut a piece about an inch longer than required and you use that overhand as a tab to pull the hose out of the gap before opening the door. I also use it to plug the holes at the top. It was when Ophi was big and fat enough to not get out that I took the hose away and the little bugger opened his door!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back