Looking for Fantastic Recipes!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really only know how to cook the stuff my mum used to cook us. Normal hardy meals but most are very yummy. Nothing really flash though lol. Think I'll just leave it up to everyone else to give you ideas.

I really only know how to cook the stuff my mum used to cook us. Normal hardy meals but most are very yummy. Nothing really flash though lol. Think I'll just leave it up to everyone else to give you ideas.

The first time I got married I was 21....and I couldn't boil an egg....by the time I was 29, (like you) I had 2 kids and still couldn't boil an egg !! :oops: My husband used to do all the cooking, because when he was a kid his folks worked and he and his older brother had to cook the dinner for the younger ones and the parents before they got home. Eventually I learned to do..... chucks ....meaning I'd get a pot and just chuck everything I could think of into it and wait till it was cooked !! :lol: I'm a bit better at doing things now. :lol:

Lol I can cook but my recipes are quite boring compared to what people have offered here! But chucks are awesome, even if that does sound very very wrong! Lol! :)

I never follow receipes, never measure anything properly....near enough is good enough....and thankfully my husband...(second one) eats ANYTHING :lol: Thankfully we like pretty ordinary plain food, not into curries or much spice.

My favorite is a crocodile sandwich

and I like it snappy

Dont laugh but one of my favorite restaurants here in Adelaide sells salt n pepper crocodile as an entree and its my favorite thing on the menu. Yummy.

I mainly cook Asian food. I am obcessed with it. I have been hoarding cook books for ages and the good recipes I have found I make time and time again. One of my best dishes is beef rendang and it takes me about 5 hours all up to prepare and cook but the end result is worth every minute!!

akarsha, if you have a look at the stuff in the link I posted they are all quite easy and straight forward recipes and will make good size family portions to serve up. The home crumbed chicken breast is the best of its sort I have cooked and a lot of the recipes I posted on there can be easily adapted to the slowcooker too.

Simple recipe, but I love it...

Chicken pasta with fettuccine.

A lot of chicken breast, probably close to 1kg, coz by the time you cut all the fat off you get much less. If you're feeding two people, one large double breast should do it.

A LARGE brown onion

Chopped garlic clove

1 cup of chicken stock

Legos tomato paste

Pauls extra light thickened cream, 300ml.

Method:

Chop up garlic and onion, put aaside

Chop up your chicken, getting rid of all the fat and cutting into smallish bits

Stir fry your onion (I use rice bran oil, but olive oil is fine) until brown

Chuck in chicken and brown it, then chuck in the garlic.

Get half a 500g packet of fettuccine and whack that in a pot, add a bit of olive oil and salt for good measure ;)

Get 3-4 heaped tablespoons of the tomato paste and mix it through until everything is covered (lower the heat so it doesn't stick), mix for about a minute.

Get your 1 cup of chicken stock and pour that into your pan and stir the mix until it's a pasta sauce, you may have to add some extra water, use your brain, I don't measure anything when I cook and she's all sweet mate. If you add too much water you can always simmer it off.

Now turn the heat off and cover and wait until pasta is close to done, when it is, pour 3/4 of the extra light thickened cream into the pan and mix through thoroughly, turning up the heat so it heats through.

Drain pasta quickly, making sure that when it goes on the plate it's still hot, then put the chicken on top and pour the sauce over. This makes quite a bit of sauce...

That is for 2 people, double ingredients for every two people, obviously.

Crack a crown lager or a nice cab merlot and enjoy your newfound cooking skills bestowed upon you by me. Remember to tell your wife or whoever you just cooked for, that "I can't take the credit for this, it's kawasakiriders recipe".

You can also add bacon.

I collect a few recipes here and there and save them to the drafts section in my Outlook. Since I like blasting rabbits with a rifle occasionally and cooking them, I'm always looking for differing recipes to try out. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to track down the actual site I grabbed this off....but here's one that I'll be trying soon enough:

Rabbit Stew with Olives and Rosemary
"This is one of my favorite things on the planet," says Marco Canora about his savory rabbit stew. He loves sharing the recipe with his students because it's an opportunity to teach them about making battuto (similar to soffrito),
a mixture of sautéed onion, celery and carrots that's the base for many Italian dishes.

Ingredients
1. 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2. Two 1.3kg rabbits, each cut into 10 pieces (see Note)
3. Salt and freshly ground pepper
4. 1 cup dry red wine
5. 1 onion, finely chopped
6. 1 carrot, finely chopped
7. 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
8. 2 tablespoons tomato paste
9. 4 rosemary sprigs, tied into 2 bundles with kitchen string
10. 4 cups chicken stock or low-sodium broth
11. 230g Niçoise olives (1 1/2 cups)
1. In a large, deep skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season the rabbit with salt and pepper. Working in 2 batches, brown the rabbit over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until crusty all over, about 10 minutes; lower the heat to moderate for the second batch. Transfer the rabbit to a large plate.
2. Add the wine to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Pour the wine into a cup; wipe out the skillet.
3. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil to the skillet. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes. Add the tomato paste and rosemary bundles and cook, stirring, until the tomato paste begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the rabbit and any accumulated juices along with the reserved wine to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until sizzling, about 3 minutes. Add 2 cups of the stock, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Cover partially and cook over low heat for 30 minutes. Add the olives and the remaining 2 cups of stock and cook until the sauce is slightly reduced and the rabbit is tender, about 20 minutes longer. Discard the rosemary bundles. Serve the rabbit in shallow bowls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back