Indian Palm Squirrels

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't keep them but I have been around them several times, very cool little animal.

What's wrong with a sugar glider or a feather glider, cheaper and at least you don't have to worry about the negative impact if they get out.... Seriously how is this even legal??? The parks and wildlife authorities stick their nose in our business for keeping natives and they let this idiocy slide ???

What's wrong with a sugar glider or a feather glider, cheaper and at least you don't have to worry about the negative impact if they get out.... Seriously how is this even legal??? The parks and wildlife authorities stick their nose in our business for keeping natives and they let this idiocy slide ???

Sugar gliders are strictly nocturnal; they very much dislike being active during the day. I've kept them for a while now, and as beautiful and wonderful little creatures as they are, I don't think they're the perfect "pet" due to their restrictive hours (this is speaking from working with both hand reared, and aviary bred animals, who in all events will become equally as tame with a little time and effort). When you've got an early start the next morning, it can be pretty darn tricky staying up til the wee hours of the morning giving your nocturnal pet the attention it deserves! Much better suited to life in a large aviary I think, where they can form large social groups, eat plenty of natural food (eg insects), and glide over reasonable distances whenever they like :)

These squirrels sound like they'd have one up on the gliders being diurnal though! Price is a tad much IMO, however each to their own - I'm sure whoever chooses to keep these animals would have a ball with them!

Can youkeep feathertal gliders anywhere in aus? Anyone keep them?

Good news guys...Saw one in a pet shop on Saturday.

There down to $1000.

Bargain.

There free in WA; we already have a wild breeding colony. I only just saw one the other day as I was driving along the freeway. He was scooting along the edge grabing nuts or something.

Saw one of gumtree for $600. They bought it but obviously it was an impulse decision so they were reselling it.

They are wild in a 30km radius around Perth zoo. Considered a pest it's illegal to catch them and keep them as pets. They tame very easily apparently.

Think I'll take a road trip to Perth and pack a rat trap and some nuts! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back