Indian Palm Squirrels

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Companionship from a rat? Some people need to get out more.

I reckon the whole desexed thing is just the breeders way of holding the market, Imagine if only one person had gtp's for example and sold them desexed (apart from the whole obviouse poaching there woulndt be away of breeding them without having the non desexed animals)

Ben

Companionship from a rat? Some people need to get out more.
Some people consider ferrets or actually rats as pets, for us, reptile lovers, it's snake food. Maybe not the ferrets, but the rats.

Different people need different pets for companionship - deal with it.

i used to have a pet rat and they can be companions if i put it on the floor itwould follow me i could call it from across the room and it would come to me.

You don't pay OUT OF YOUR A*s for a RAT though would you?!?!?!?!?!

That is all !

Rat = $5

Ferret = $40

OVERPRICED PALM SQUIRREL = = = = = = $1200.00 !!!!

Rat = $5

Ferret = $40

OVERPRICED PALM SQUIRREL = = = = = = $1200.00 !!!!

Look on the owners face when their spastic non-handlable squirrel runs out the cage door through the house and out the front door saying by by 1200 bucks

PRICELESS!!!

what a companion animal! one that u can eve handle and is wild in every sense of the word! u cant even touch them!

Last edited:
Companionship from a dog? Some people need to socialize more.

Are you just looking for an argument? lol

Look on the owners face when their spastic non-handlable squirrel runs out the cage door through the house and out the front door saying by by 1200 bucks

PRICELESS!!!

what a companion animal! one that u can eve handle and is wild in every sense of the word! u cant even touch them!

I was hoping someone would make this into a 'Mastercard PRICELESS' add hahahahahah

Which ones are they? Surely they're not snakes are they? I wouldn't let corns in, as much as I love corn snakes and other exotic reptiles, but some of them really do pose a risk that would be best avoided. I do like most exotic animals, but I think it's time we stopped supporting something that is questionable at best. For me, I don't like cats either because I know only too well the severity of the damage that they inflict on ecosystems all across Australia. Snakes can inflict similar damage, all we need to do is look at Guam and Christmas Island for good examples of what can go wrong when introduced snakes go ballistic.

I'm not saying I don't like them, I sure as hell do. But I know the risks and for me it just isn't worth it. Really the only exotic that served any purpose here in Australia is dogs and farm animals, and even those have caused serious problems. My opinion is that if you look at any exotic animal hard enough you will find an achilles heal in the Australia ecosystem that the exotic animal in question will, sooner or later, take advantage of.

Basically just want an iguana...

Are you just looking for an argument? lol

No. I object to hypochrisy. Just because you don't think a squirrel makes a good pet does not make it so. The vast majority of the Australian population think snakes should be killed rather than kept as pets yet many people spend thousands of dollars to keep them just as pets. Not to breed, just as pets. What's the diference between a desexed squirrel and a single GTP kept as a pet? The squirrel would be a damn sight more entertaining. Just because you choose to spend your money a certain way does not mean you need to belittle and criticize those that choose a diferent way. Personally I think people who spend a thousand dollars on a desexed dog, then spend $1000-1500 a year feeding it, vet bills, fencing repairs etc are wasting their money but hey... it gives them something to complain about.

I'm with magpie, whats the big deal, as he said people spend vast amounts of money on dogs and snakes which are not always going to be used for breeding and to make a return, some people are just happy with a pet. My dog has allergies which make her skin horrible and requires regular vet trips, washing with medicated shampoo 3 times a week and a diet of fresh roo meat, past and vegies. Not cheap but shes a pet and i'm more then happy to pay that kind of money for her just as i would be more then happy to pay that kind of money if i could afford it for a palm squirrel, they do seen like cute little guys

No. I object to hypochrisy. Just because you don't think a squirrel makes a good pet does not make it so. The vast majority of the Australian population think snakes should be killed rather than kept as pets yet many people spend thousands of dollars to keep them just as pets. Not to breed, just as pets. What's the diference between a desexed squirrel and a single GTP kept as a pet? The squirrel would be a damn sight more entertaining. Just because you choose to spend your money a certain way does not mean you need to belittle and criticize those that choose a diferent way. Personally I think people who spend a thousand dollars on a desexed dog, then spend $1000-1500 a year feeding it, vet bills, fencing repairs etc are wasting their money but hey... it gives them something to complain about.

This is also a public forum where i am allowed to voice my opinion. I was not actually belittling anyone if you go back and read my posts. i was saying that ''I'' think it is a waste of money. There is a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back