Show us your RATLETS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, who would have thought little ratters could be so cute ! I had a snake food female escape once and she gave birth in my dryer then buggered off with all but one of them (we called her brittney because she was such a 'good mum'), then my daughter found her and theres only one thing she likes other than insects and thats rats. She ended up taking the little pup to the vet and feeding it etc and kept her for about a year, then for some reason Giselle died and my daughter has been upset ever since, and that was three years ago ! Now as i sit here with my coffee having a squizz at the pics, I didn't realise she was awake behind me .... squeel Ratters ! ... coffee everywhere ... and now she wants a baby girl ratter again. Any one know where i could get a girl curly hair, hairless or dumbo rat from? Today is going to be a long day of surfing the net to find one now.. bugger !

I don't think we have dumbos in Australia I might be wrong can anyone confirm that? No hairless either just double Rex. They loose all they're hair for about a week when there 6weeks old, then there hair grows back in even tighter curls

I don't think we have dumbos in Australia I might be wrong can anyone confirm that? No hairless either just double Rex. They loose all they're hair for about a week when there 6weeks old, then there hair grows back in even tighter curls

Pretty sure Ingie or someone else posted a photo of a rat with enlarged ears in another thread?

i breed for food, but i do get affectionate to my breeders. they are quite sweet

I got a pretty cool colour when I bred a Wistar with an albino. It's like a light grey/brown colour. I'll try to get some pics when I clean their tubs tonight.
Ingie I knew you bred a lot of them but I didn't realise you had such interesting ones. I really like the "wedge" ones as well

Ingie has some of the most beautiful rats. On day I will get to bris and buy heaps! Be warned!

I just PM'd ingie to pick up a few you gotta beat me to em :)

Black recessive wedge blazed berkshires.
IMG_4287.jpg

Fuzzy mismarked black eyed whites (dalmatians)
IMG_4278-1.jpg

Same ones just a few days older
IMG_4283.jpg

IMG_4244.jpg

Blues
IMG_4243.jpg

IMG_4241.jpg

Patchwork rex silk. (Some of these will be naked forever hehe)
IMG_4285.jpg

Hey loving those black rats. I have A black male with white chest. Who produced 4 young with the same colouring

Hehehe i have Wistars and fancies - and so far they've been sold as pets as it covers the cost of snake food...lmao. Eg one rat sold gets me a bigger frozen feed for one of my snakes that that lil rat would have made :)

529668_10150894462960522_586300521_11908712_1558760173_n.jpg

Berk mum and Wistar mum sharing the work load...and now they are all up and about i think they want to escape the bubs!

Variegated Berkshires !!!

Attachments

• DSCF1124.jpg
    DSCF1124.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCF1130.jpg
    DSCF1130.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCF1131.jpg
    DSCF1131.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCF1135.jpg
    DSCF1135.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 138
Gorgeous Joe :)

Liam is correct. There are no dumbos in australia or true hairless. My rats are all the normal non dumbo shape. The naked rat I showed a picture of is a patchwork rex. He is nearly 2 years old I think but he occasionally grows random small patches of fur in different places (hence the name patchwork).

Double rexes, double silks or silk rexes will all go naked when they moult at around 6 weeks, but they will grow all the fur back and not loose it again. They have to be double rex and have the patchwork gene to look like Fugly permanently. Lots of people have rexes but not many have patchwork rexes (yet).

I have nearly every mutation of rat that is in Australia :D Because I obviously don't have enough other things to spend my time on haha. *sigh*

Yea kitarsha, when the babies are about to ween, the poor mothers look so bedraggled and look at you like 'get me out of here!'.... please :lol: Especially when the babies are able to chase her down and upend her so they can get a drink. I especially feel sorry for the mums with all those stretched teats.... looks painfull:shock:

The only special ones I have (except for all of them :lol:) is I have a fawn/reddish rex female and I had a blue rex female, but she died soon after giving birth.... so fanny, one of my other mothers bought up the blue rex babies :)

So, at what age do you guys ween your rats? Mine ween at 3 weeks +1 day. They could ween earlier, they eat from about 2 and a half weeks, but I give them the full time.

I will post this then go and take a pic of the blue rex babies & edit in the pics in a while, ingie, you might be able to tell me what they are exactly?

Yeah I can do that :)

Mine wean around 3-4 weeks old. 3 weeks is enough. They do start eating at about 2 weeks old but like kittens etc they benefit from the extra time with the parent. Although I heard someone say that they catch up size wise in the end if weaned earlier. I don't make a habit of doing it to know because they look so little and helpless at 2.5 weeks.

Gorgeous Joe :)

Liam is correct. There are no dumbos in australia or true hairless. My rats are all the normal non dumbo shape. The naked rat I showed a picture of is a patchwork rex. He is nearly 2 years old I think but he occasionally grows random small patches of fur in different places (hence the name patchwork).

Double rexes, double silks or silk rexes will all go naked when they moult at around 6 weeks, but they will grow all the fur back and not loose it again. They have to be double rex and have the patchwork gene to look like Fugly permanently. Lots of people have rexes but not many have patchwork rexes (yet).

I have nearly every mutation of rat that is in Australia :D Because I obviously don't have enough other things to spend my time on haha. *sigh*

My double Rex trio are still 100% healthy with at least 1 of the 2 girls preggaz..... so I'll share with you as they progress......

& the Blues are good too !!!

Great! They are curly little possums aren't they hehe. Let me know if you want to add the patchwork gene (although they are much cuter with fur on lol). I think you would love velour too Joe, I will try to get some pics in the next few days.

sounds good...... I'll post some pics of my ginger mice soon aswell !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back