Show us your RATLETS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cheers so so much ingie, im gonna set some up like that. i have a good shed for it. i had a rack set up but way way to small tubs i think. only really good for mice and they smell to much..

If anyone has any berks preferably young female my daughter would love one ! getting to the point n ow tho that my hubby wants to just buy her a desk because im not having much luck finding one !

Oh ingie that's great I have a better understanding I'll have to keep the berks than hopefully I got at least one male and female I love berks and selfs. In away everything is like co dominat. Bellany I'd be happy to sell you one of mine if I'm not to far away I'm se Brisbane.

There won't be any selfs in there because one parent was a hood. A hood x berk makes half hood half berk, and a hood x self makes all berks. You have a bunch of cute little hoods and berks :)

You should write a book ingie :lol: I want the first copy (autographed) hehehehe

I have a berk mum and a hooded dad - they make the nicest babies! lmao - not that i'm biased at all!! From that pair i seem to get some dark berks, dark hoodeds (like mum and dad) a couple of light hoodeds (grey/blue waiting for adult coat to confirm) and an albino or two! I've put the dad over a couple of other light hooded girls to see what i get - one of those girls surprised me and has hatched her litter early...eg tonight! The other girl should go in the next few days so i'll pop the two girls and the bubs in a maternity cage tomorrow night :)

582182_10150859625990522_586300521_11856899_556571766_n.jpg

They have black eyes if that helps narrow down the colour? i have a boy and a girl in this colour from the latest litter :) my pic on the other page shows my berk mum :) lol

Last edited:
You should write a book ingie :lol: I want the first copy (autographed) hehehehe
Hehe thanks. I wouldn't go that far though :p I learned all this from other knowledgable rat keepers and websites about rat genetics. I have had a while to see it all in action with my rats so I have a pretty good understanding of it. Some of those who taught me are on APS :)

If you go to the website 'Sunshine Rats' you will find a lot of great info about rat genetics. It hasn't been updated to include details about some of the newer mutations, however it is the most comprehensive Australian site of australian rat genetics I have come across. It belongs to an APS member hehehe :p There is even a litter predictor (although for it to be accurate you need to know what genes the rats carry), but if you fiddle with it for a while the other stuff makes sense.

Kitana the baby in that photo is mink. :) By dark I guess you mean black? Both black parents must carry mink which is recessive.

Sometimes mink babies grow grey fur from the start, and sometimes they start off looking a beige colour and turn grey when they moult. Depends on your line of rats.

i have 3 berks and 8 hoodeds do you have a clue what the dad would be ingie?

my other female is pregnant should have more babies in two weeks

Ingie, do you ever look at the site ratfanclub (dot) org ? It is american but has some interesting stuff to compare. Check it out if you like ;)

I haven't gone on there but I will have a look. I prefer to look at relevant Australian info because we have different genes here so I want to know about what I am working with. There are some pretty cool genes overseas though!

Pic didn't come through :( I'm going to post a new pic soon of my buns there starting to look cute

Oh geez, you guys! They're all so cute. I'm going to feel so guilty feeding my snakes from now on lol! :lol:
Those wedged berks look fantastic.

Pic didn't come through :( I'm going to post a new pic soon of my buns there starting to look cute

Do you mind.... this is a family show, we dont really want to see a pic of your buns :shock: The girls might like to see a 6 pack if you have one tho :lol:

Hardy har har har....... ;)

Do you mind.... this is a family show, we dont really want to see a pic of your buns :shock: The girls might like to see a 6 pack if you have one tho :lol:

Hardy har har har....... ;)

Hahaha bubs** dam auto correct on iPhone haha

not rats but saw these little critters today in my mouse setup - was cleaning all the tubs out. Pretty funny looking things - will be cool to see them once they are completely hairless. They look like little mice ballerinas at the moment!

Attachments

• mice.JPG
    mice.JPG
    416.7 KB · Views: 160
thats hillarious.
a few more of mine
93e0ebbf.jpg

c0790f3b.jpg
my male
bcd315de.jpg
and a recently pregant female

Thats cool Jay84.... I like the little 'white pointers' :lol:

By the looks of your fingers, you habe been nipped a few times :lol:

Always pays to remove the mother before you touch the babies eh..... I learned that early on, trying to put a lone pinkie back in with mum and got a good bite to the bone for my efforts :shock:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back