Don't ship your python - a warning

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loneil

Reaction score
Overall: Do not ever book a courier to transport reptiles. The driver, from a courier service from Newcastle, who deliver through to Melbourne, threw the crate in the truck unsecured and said he 'didn't care if it died'. 'that he didn't give a s....if it died. Fearing for my animal I rang the general manager who said that if it died I couldn't do anything abouif it and if I complained to anyone about my pets treatment he would order it to be left in the crate beside the highway. It would have consequently died had he done so. He went on to say he didn't care and he of course would treat it better if it were a dog. He yelled and screamed abuse down the phone. Every animal has value and deserves humane treatment and I had just spent $500 on a reptile. I paid trusting they would at least observe some duty of care.

Sounds like you used the wrong courier? If I had seen the driver throw it in the truck unsecured (what was your 'reptile doing in a crate?) I would have just taken it back and found a decent courier?

I smell a troll?

I didnt think you could kill a crate?

Last edited:
As if you would let him drive off with the magical crate after doing that.

What CR said...
:shock:
(troll troll troll)

And also, what's to stop you complaining now if you have received your animal? Scared he'll break into your house to steal it?

STOP with the trolling... It's not very hard to simply wait for the OP to add more information and go from there.

And what would be the point if this was a troll?
It's not a touchy topic, there's no one on the site with personal curiour agendas to fight with.

It wouldn't create any argument other than the annoying and incredibly old 50+ "i call troll" posts.

I don't see any reason why this would be one...there'd be no fun in it.

Something can be silly or illogical without being a "troll".

Last edited:
hmmm,a first post,i smell something fishy,lol

u said they threw your crate into the truck unsecured and didnt care if it died then at the end u say u just spent 500 buying it?

did u send it to your self,if not how do u know how they packed it,when they deliver it to you dont they actually unload it,not chuck it in the van

you dont work for an air freight company by chance?

sounds like the child overboard thing all over again,lol

And also, what's to stop you complaining now if you have received your animal? Scared he'll break into your house to steal it?

I am complaining. I am more that complaining. I have NOT received her.. The tracking number no longer allows me to track it. I type in the number and says there is no item. Although prior to me finding out about this and contacting them, it did. I have sought advice and have contacted the RSPCA. I have been advised to wait until tomorrow. The day of delivery. If my animal arrives I will check her condition and then go from there. If she doesn't show I will drag them to court. Even if she is fine I plan to make sure that I do more then complain. This is about customer service and animal rights. I will fight tooth and nail.

How do you know he threw it?

Because the woman who sold her to me rang me up crying because she saw it!

Wow, you did not explain that very clearly to begin with.

More info?
What type of animal is it?

Why would the seller have let the courier leave with said thrown animal after that kind of show?

Strange times...

If I was freighting a snake and saw it handled in that manner there's not a chance in hell I'd let it leave with that courier, what was the seller thinking!?

This is a reputable courier. One frequently used by breeders. They come recommended by people i respect for their knowledge. They are not small and usually according to others do a reasonable job. They did not this time. Yes, had I been there, I would have taken it back and packed her differently. I am the buyer. The seller who packed her in the 'crate' and witnessed the 'throw' should not have let her go. She rang me and told me of her contact with the driver and I the responsible buyer, who by the way has more important things to do than troll, one of those things is warning you, contacted the general manager who also responded the same way as the driver. Since I have contacted animal welfare groups to find out what I can do

She is a six year old diamond python. I am worried sick about it and got little sleep last night. I would name the courier but I will wait until I get her and get legal advice. I don't want to name them until I get advice on how to proceed. This shouldn't happen. The general manager just kept saying he didn't care and referring to the buyers risk policy. I kept saying that doesnt mean abuse is allowable and that I would call the RSPCA and that is when he said he would dump her beside the highway at Newcastle. I said he had a duty of care to treat it as well as any other animal and he then admitted he wouldn't do it if she were a dog. I was shaking with anger by this stage. I have had reptiles for some time and have never felt the need to post. I posted here because I feel that NO animal should ever be treated this way. And any parcel of any customer is of immense value. If my python is dead. Don't trust these cowboys. It is like entrusting your children with a stranger to travel across country. Play it safe. I will only ever drive to pick up reptiles myself from now on.

Last edited:
does the seller have the same phone number as the courier company and a nigerian bank account number?

number 1 ,i think if a courier said that crap ,management wouldnt be happy,not good business sense,but then for management to threaten leaving it on the side of the road if u complain to anyone,cant see them surviving in the business very long

do you know the seller?

all sounds far fetched to me,if a courier said that to me and did that,i would have taken it back,likely king hit him to

im not saying your a troll either,would be lamer than lame to post making this sort of thing up,but if nothing showed up tomoz id be asking sender for a copy of there receipt to show if they actually did send it

like i said originally smells very fishy

Do you think I'm that stupid??? This is a BIG courier. I googled their number, I rang my other friend who is a breeder with a reptile shop. Checked the number and the details. I have already said I was issued with a tracking number. I gave that to the courier, whom by the way I also checked the number against in the PHONE BOOK at my home. My python is with the carrier. Hello... How old are you, it is a big ugly world with some nasty people out there. Most are nice, some are not. Even in big business these things happen. Eventually they get the sack which may happen in this case. (oh yeah according to our conspiracy theorists they printed a replica phone book, broke into my home, and planted it so that I would be fooled if I DOUBLE checked everything. As I did. Honey I'm a 42 year old woman who has lived alot. I triple check everything. This is legitimate. I and Mandie the python managed to run into some bad eggs who are about to become unemployed.

well the loss of tracking number is dodgey,especially since it was there to begin with,did u write it down,or still have the number

is 2 plus days the normal time it would take,u said u didnt sleep last night because of this,do they give an estimated time of arrival,i guess all u can do is wait and see if it turns up,and if its ok

my age is over there>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

i dont know you at all,never said you were stupid either,all i can go off is u joined here and posted this as your first post,doesnt say your female or how old you are and im far from a mind reader

your going off something someone else has told you,thats all we can do to,were u aggressive when u rang courier company,that could get that reaction back,the courier that said that to the seller could have said that in jest,could be any number of scenarios,but until you get your snake delivered and check on it,not really anything you can do

if it arrives in fine condition when it should,unless u have proof theres not alot any one can do,and i can totally understand you never wanting to use them again

yes it is a big ugly world with nasty people in it,whos to say seller hasnt sent u an ill snake,then claims it was perfect when it was sent,and courier treatment is a lie to cover that

all we can do is guess,put ideas out there ,its pretty easy to join the band wagon and flame someone with out knowing all the particulars,facts ect ect,especially when your still waiting on your animal arriving

fingers crossed it all works out for you

Last edited:
Swift & Shift Couriers?

What state do you live in? Where & when did the python get sent from? How is it packaged? Why did the seller let it go with a crap courier? How long did they say it would take? Most people get reptiles sent via air freight to reduce the travel time? Is it going by road?

I know many people who have had snakes freighted all over the country..... you cant just come on here first post and say no one should ever ship a reptile anywhere? Most of us have done or will do at some stage.... how else do we expect to buy reptiles from interstate?

All too suss.....:facepalm:

I hope you get her all ok, sadly some times no matter how much effort we put into arrangments and transporting of animals things can go wrong. I hope she was packaged well enough to limit the amount of movement in rough hands as its a risk we all have to take in both sending and receiving animals. I am only new to the snake side of things but have done alot with horses and no matter how careful we are bad things can happen with transportation.
Am fully aware of how emotional it is as i am expecting a new addition on sunday with AAE and its a risk both the previous owner and I are taking in shipping her, sadly there are no guarantee's but majority of these animals arrrive safe and well and are very resiliant so that is what we all pray for to happen.
Wish you the best of luck when she arrives :)

This is a reputable courier. One frequently used by breeders. They come recommended by people i respect for their knowledge. They are not small and usually according to others do a reasonable job. They did not this time. Yes, had I been there, I would have taken it back and packed her differently. I am the buyer. The seller who packed her in the 'crate' and witnessed the 'throw' should not have let her go. She rang me and told me of her contact with the driver and I the responsible buyer, who by the way has more important things to do than troll, one of those things is warning you, contacted the general manager who also responded the same way as the driver. Since I have contacted animal welfare groups to find out what I can do

She is a six year old diamond python. I am worried sick about it and got little sleep last night. I would name the courier but I will wait until I get her and get legal advice. I don't want to name them until I get advice on how to proceed. This shouldn't happen. The general manager just kept saying he didn't care and referring to the buyers risk policy. I kept saying that doesnt mean abuse is allowable and that I would call the RSPCA and that is when he said he would dump her beside the highway at Newcastle. I said he had a duty of care to treat it as well as any other animal and he then admitted he wouldn't do it if she were a dog. I was shaking with anger by this stage. I have had reptiles for some time and have never felt the need to post. I posted here because I feel that NO animal should ever be treated this way. And any parcel of any customer is of immense value. If my python is dead. Don't trust these cowboys. It is like entrusting your children with a stranger to travel across country. Play it safe. I will only ever drive to pick up reptiles myself from now on.

I couldn't care less how reputable or BIG a company is. If they mistreat my animals or any other item I would be demanding apology. If I saw a courier throw my animal I'd be asking for it back, not let them continue with it. Australian Air Express are a big courier company, too, and I went over their head once to get what I wanted. They responded very well and I still use AAE today. Doesn't matter how big they are. You say management treated the animals the same as the driver? That would be insane for a big company to jeopardise their business reputation over this matter. They would have other animal people withdrawing from their services and the BIG company would go broke very quickly.

I couldn't care less how reputable or BIG a company is. If they mistreat my animals or any other item I would be demanding apology. If I saw a courier throw my animal I'd be asking for it back, not let them continue with it. Australian Air Express are a big courier company, too, and I went over their head once to get what I wanted. They responded very well and I still use AAE today. Doesn't matter how big they are. You say management treated the animals the same as the driver? That would be insane for a big company to jeopardise their business reputation over this matter. They would have other animal people withdrawing from their services and the BIG company would go broke very quickly.

Firstly this is not directed specifically at mysnakesau (please do not take personally).I have to say I have read through this whole thread with annoyance:evil:. It seems anyone posting on here is instantly grilled, tared and feathered before having their post considered. Seriously some of you guys need to ask if you want to be treated in the same way. Maybe some of you guys need to get out a bit more, I see repeat offenders with happy trigger fingers waiting to shoot someone down.
This person may have a relevant point and great cause for concern. . . and not just for themselves and there snake but for others that may use there service.
Read post carfully think and respond with something USEFUL, not demeaning.
I deal with couriers regularly and no exactly what cowboys they can be, I also know some excellent ones.
Besides my own ordeal with having a snake couriered to me, I work with Japanese swords mostly antiques.
These are not cheap items ($1500 - $80,000) and some being a 1000 years old can be quite fragile.
I have had major run ins with a couple of courier companys with similar responses and these are tangible objects with insurance. . . . some operators are just arrogant with NO concern for loss of clientele or possible mad mark on there name because who will listen to the complaint. . . . apparently not people on forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back