Don't ship your python - a warning

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned going over AAE's head to get what I wanted, and now they have been easy to deal with ever since. Perhaps that is what you need to do. AAE themselves didn't want to play the game, but their boss told them they had to. Perhaps you need to find out who may be in charge of this courier - not the courier's manager but their owners.

couriers are dodgy, not so much the company but some of the dodgy workers also the seller could'v been dodgy, the best thing to do is wait and get your product or animal and checking them if all is ok, and if its not ok i don't think there is much you can do, but at least wait till you get it first, kinda like you don't wana blast the 15 year old making your pizza's at domino's or they'll do all sorts of nasty stuff to your food, we don't really know wat goes on on the inside, and we don't have many choices with couriers to choose from either, all you can do is hope for the best.

hope it all works out for you.

Last edited:
Sounds like some thing's not all right there.

1/ Ether the seller just pulled a fast on you, making you think there was trouble with the courier, so that when the package that was never sent doesn't arrive, blame can be put on the delivery guy.
2/ Your trolling us.

If the buyer gave you the number to call, then I would be worried. If they said "complain and I'll leave it on the road" that brings up more alarm bells. They are trying to cover it up.

kam,we can only go off facts,not knowing all the facts,all we can do is offer suggestions,some may not be what op wants to hear,thats all good and well,if they dont want to hear it,go on to the next msg

you just said they can be bad,but also can be very good,so is it fair to label the good ones as bad just because of a few bad eggs?

all to easy to just say they are all dodgey,dont use them at all,he said she said,all we are hearing is one side of the story,how does one know things arent added to make it sound worse???????

we dont know squat,especially with it being a brand new member,so all we can do is put out possable ideas,the snake in question is still in transit,do you think we should name them and shame them,run them down just because someone we dont know says there all bad??????

what if the snake arrives in perfect health and we have all run this company down????

no offence but i think the varying responses on here can be good,it irratates the bejesus out of me when folk jump on the band wagon running folk down ,especially when the animal is still in transit,the op is obviously stressing about it,which is fair enough,i would be to,but thinking the worst and acting on it to early isnt going to help anything,i would wait till the animal arrived personally,then go from there

different responses to questions are good,there is alot of bs on the net in general,but theres also a lot of good info, alot of good differing opinions,thats the plus,read the differing opinions,get plenty of different ideas and go from there,it would be boring as bat droppings if it was all the same posts

1/ Ether the seller just pulled a fast on you, making you think there was trouble with the courier, so that when the package that was never sent doesn't arrive, blame can be put on the delivery guy.
2/ Your trolling us.

If the buyer gave you the number to call, then I would be worried. If they said "complain and I'll leave it on the road" that brings up more alarm bells. They are trying to cover it up.

or the seller has sent a dodgey animal ,so told u a porky so the blame could go elsewhere,could be anything,hence why its best to not jump the gun until u know all the facts,wait till snake arrives before going off at anyone

isnt that common sense

Last edited:
Loneil didn't ask APS members to be a tribunal or even make suggestions. He put up a warning. Once he gets to the bottom of it all and gets his legal advice, he may or may not reveal more information and maybe ask for advice.
Thanks Loneil.

kam,we can only go off facts,not knowing all the facts,all we can do is offer suggestions,some may not be what op wants to hear,thats all good and well,if they dont want to hear it,go on to the next msg

you just said they can be bad,but also can be very good,so is it fair to label the good ones as bad just because of a few bad eggs?

all to easy to just say they are all dodgey,dont use them at all,he said she said,all we are hearing is one side of the story,how does one know things arent added to make it sound worse???????

we dont know squat,especially with it being a brand new member,so all we can do is put out possable ideas,the snake in question is still in transit,do you think we should name them and shame them,run them down just because someone we dont know says there all bad??????

what if the snake arrives in perfect health and we have all run this company down????

no offence but i think the varying responses on here can be good,it irratates the bejesus out of me when folk jump on the band wagon running folk down ,especially when the animal is still in transit,the op is obviously stressing about it,which is fair enough,i would be to,but thinking the worst and acting on it to early isnt going to help anything,i would wait till the animal arrived personally,then go from there

different responses to questions are good,there is alot of bs on the net in general,but theres also a lot of good info, alot of good differing opinions,thats the plus,read the differing opinions,get plenty of different ideas and go from there,it would be boring as bat droppings if it was all the same posts

As you said we dont know the OP at this point we dont know the courrier but we can offer sensible advice on what we do know, calling troll?, or instantly assuming something is wrong is not proactive.
This may very well be his first reason to feel the need to post. . . it is reasonable to see how one might feel the need if they truly experienced what they say happened.
Differing views are always a good thing as this helps individuals grow, whereas the tirade of illogical half thought out sometimes aggressive and demeaning responses is not.
I get the impression a lot of repeat offenders dont read through the whole post but skim through and add there -2cents worth.
Hence the reason behind the Op being frustrated by having to repeat what was said. . . on more than one occasion.
As for the situation it seems to me that if the snake arrives well or otherwise the response from the manager is cause enough for alarm and if what the seller said is true even more. And to show you how frustrating these threads can be I will answer the point that someone will make about what I just said. No we dont know if the seller is telling the truth even if the op is but until the snake is located we dont know much more than what the we have been told.
No there is no need to bag couriers. . . it doesnt take a genius to realise that just cause one did it. . . but on the other hand if this particular company is going to behave as said then it is imperative that Herp keepers are aware.
yes you have to be careful of slander and defamation but that doesnt mean sitting in silence. If these events did occur as said then certain points need to be considered and action taken.
The world is full of in justice and mostly because fear and personal agenda will allways get in the way and most people really are to scared to be supportive as they dont want to rock the status quo, lest the hoards will turn on them

Last edited:
Come on guys, it's a damn forum... the multitude and variety of responses and opinions is all part and parcel of it IMO... and of course some replies will come tribunal stylez.

Personally I think that's what makes reading here interesting, the AMOUNT of different viewpoints. I did not sign up to a PLUR for reptiles and owners, I don't see what is wrong with healthy debating? Sure, some people will always be sarcastic or come across demeaning, but most of those will back down with some grace if given hard evidence or more information (ok I did say MOST:p).

Anyway, that's my two cents... Getting back to the topic, as many before have said, I'm sure we are all eager to hear the actual end results here, some may be forced to eat humble pie, or perhaps there will be only silence...

I for one immensly enjoy reading two or more different viewpoints battling it out, I think most people reading things like that can learn from it too...
SO, I guess maybe stop flaming the flamers... and MAKE A POINT :)

she michael,loneil is a lass

nothing wrong with suggesting they just wait and see what happens,at least let them think about it first before jumping to conclusions

Sounds like someone is having a tantrum and is trying to throw a spanner in the workings of the hobby

Nice try LOLNEIL

you cant write anything off in this day and age,no matter how far fetched it sounds,for the snake and people involved i hope it all works out

hard to pass judgement until the episode is complete

1/ Ether the seller just pulled a fast on you, making you think there was trouble with the courier, so that when the package that was never sent doesn't arrive, blame can be put on the delivery guy.........

If this was the case then surely the courier worker wouldn't be a complete a**wipe by replying with those comments. He would have simply told the buyer that no such item exists.

This is also why I dont freight I have seen dogs sitting on the tarmac in the heat of summer and left foe over 1 hour while I was on the phone telling the company of my disgust They yelled and abused me over the phone be careful our reptiles need better treatment as do all our animals

Join date - May.

Only contributions - stories about how you should never ship your snake because "courier companies" are evil. Offers absolutely no supporting evidence whatsoever, makes emotional appeals and expects people to just accept what is being said without question. Deliberately vague with details, story suddenly becomes way more specific after time has passed. Doesn't volunteer specific company in question even though it could help others avoid the same problems.

Bitch, please. I'm a redditor. I see this stuff all the damn time, concern trolls who have an agenda but a poorly-thought-out approach to it. I'm gonna say this once and once only: EVIDENCE OR GTFO.

Last edited:
this thread is funny as hell now, if she comes back then we'll know whats going on, if not, oh well, its done.

Join date - May.

Only contributions - stories about how you should never ship your snake because "courier companies" are evil. Offers absolutely no supporting evidence whatsoever, makes emotional appeals and expects people to just accept what is being said without question. Deliberately vague with details, story suddenly becomes way more specific after time has passed. Doesn't volunteer specific company in question even though it could help others avoid the same problems.

Bitch, please. I'm a redditor. I see this stuff all the damn time, concern trolls who have an agenda but a poorly-thought-out approach to it. I'm gonna say this once and once only: EVIDENCE OR GTFO.

Interesting how easy people will dismiss something as casual as a discription of an experience on a thread due to not crossing all the T's and dotting all the i's. yet believe crap with flaws and all spewed at them by the media, politicians and big business with big agenda's etc. Instead of instant dismissal let it play out and see where it goes, if you really dont trust it GTFO. I would at this point in time question your agenda just by your very reaction. . . . do you own or work for a courier company?

Having been a member of many a forum both as a forumite and moderator over a long period of time I fail to see where the perceived trolling is by this member irrespect of join date. Can we possibly stop and think for one wee minute that this person may have had a legitimate gripe, albeit a quite descriptive analogy of what allegedly unfolded.

I hesitated to post in this thread but I'm certainly against tarnishing someone for being a troll after one post.

Harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back