GTP - fact sheet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what others have to say, I say "keep on dreaming".

Specify best Animals mate. There are few people around that offer a range of different types/locals. Pm me and I will let you know.

You won't find anything blue though.

He did specify: "perfectly blue".
By the way, if there are any, i.e. blue adult males (not hormonal females) - name your price please.

It is a hormonal female, very nice specimen though. If you're looking at establishing a "true blue line" you need a true blue adult male (not the zig-zag marked Sorong type or something with faint blue markings or a shade). So, back to my first note - "keep on dreaming".

At what age do you recommend sexing GTP's?

I'm under the impression that hatchlings are too small to be sexed without damaging them?

It really depends on their size rather than age. The earliest would be 8 months of age but much later with small individuals.
You just have to feel comfortable with handling them before and when the probe is inserted, i.e. not to bend their backs at cloaca and not to hold the tail too firmly. I always spend some time just handling them, running my fingers around and over the posterior until they relax. The right size probe and lubricant are essential.
Another point - I always rest the probe in a glass of warm water between probing. LOL No one would like a piece of cold steel up their ....... :shock:

How do i look at the fact sheet? Am new to this site.. am i missing something?

Just to add... Anyone chasing "The more complete Chondro" it's now available as an ebook for like $29. I believe the hard copy is out of print these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back