Two AWESOME sport results

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

longqi

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Saw 2 events today which were very impressive

One of those big things with four legs won a race
Ok cool
Big things with four legs win lots of races every week

But this race is called Ascot in England and is not an unimportant race
Big Aussie thing with four legs is called Black Caviar and has now won 22 or 23 races
Its only raced the same number of times
100% record

Second event was almost scary good
All Blacks played Ireland
Expected the All Blacks to win
But 60-0???
That was the most clinical demolition or another highly regarded team I have ever seen
It wasnt that the Irish played badly because they played quite well
But the All Blacks absolutely carved them to pieces
Most impressive part was that they kept Ireland to 0 points which showed their defence
was tremendous

I <3 the All Blacks right now - of course...

But Aussie v Wales...

How close can these games be?

BTW - Phar Lap was a kiwi (horse... Not a kiwi, because that's a bird....)... And up until JP2 told me about Black Caviar I hadn't heard a thing!

I <3 the All Blacks right now - of course...

But Aussie v Wales...

How close can these games be?

BTW - Phar Lap was a kiwi (horse... Not a kiwi, because that's a bird....)... And up until JP2 told me about Black Caviar I hadn't heard a thing!

Sorry pal Phar Lap was an Aussie because he won. Only a kiwi if he went over seas and lost.
Now thats Australian

Sorry pal Phar Lap was an Aussie because he won. Only a kiwi if he went over seas and lost.
Now thats Australian

Hahaha... But Phar Lap was a kiwi and WON in Australia and overseas...

Irony - He never raced in NZ...

A real South Islander... Born and bred!!!

You can have ya Russell Crowe... But we claim Pavlova and Phar Lap as our own... We'll even give you Crowded House... But not Split Enz...

Oh... Oh... Oh... OH!!!!

I just found the most sobering, but awesomist ever NZ v Aus result ever!!! I'm so excited... I just can't hide it...

As reported in the 'Telegraph'

(sorry for hijacking an awesome sport thread):

But... NZ has appeared at the Olympics just 21 times and Australia 26 times.

Australia has a WHOPPING 432 medals!!! That's crazy awesome there alone!

Of which 131 of these medals is gold!

New Zealand... Well... Has just 86 medals - with a nice 36 of these being gold...

But the population statistics, this is the telling tale...

Australia has one medal for every 50,385 of its citizens...

Where NZ has one medal for every 49,887 of its citizens!!!

That's right! Totally in for this NZ v Aus thing right now...

Last edited:
Ah, But- the last time NZ won a medal in a real event was Loader in 96. And before that it was..what...64?

Plus, it's NZ. Australias 'special' little cousin. A bit like Canada. Aww, they think they're a real country. Cute.

Ah, But- the last time NZ won a medal in a real event was Loader in 96. And before that it was..what...64?

Plus, it's NZ. Australias 'special' little cousin. A bit like Canada. Aww, they think they're a real country. Cute.

Hehehehe... How cute... The big fat desert also thinks it's a real country... Funny you bring up Canada - I mean, the world already knows Australia is Americas wee (*female dog)....

You're right, swimming is a real event... I agree... But I kind of like the rowers, the windsurfers (Barbara Kendall quite the hero in my mind), the shot put, cycling, triathlon... Oh.. Dressage... Wait, you're right, dressage isn't a sport... I think we may have even won the gold in field hockey once...

Did you also know NZ was more likely to become a state of Australia than Western Australia... Yet... When we turned it down (and rightfully so) Western Australia also was considering independence...

Meh... Who cares, NZ has more medals per capita than big cousie bro Aus...

Oh... and Phar Lap is a kiwi... :p

Hehehehe... How cute... The big fat desert also thinks it's a real country... Funny you bring up Canada - I mean, the world already knows Australia is Americas wee (*female dog)....

You're right, swimming is a real event... I agree... But I kind of like the rowers, the windsurfers (Barbara Kendall quite the hero in my mind), the shot put, cycling, triathlon... Oh.. Dressage... Wait, you're right, dressage isn't a sport... I think we may have even won the gold in field hockey once...

Did you also know NZ was more likely to become a state of Australia than Western Australia... Yet... When we turned it down (and rightfully so) Western Australia also was considering independence...

Meh... Who cares, NZ has more medals per capita than big cousie bro Aus...

Oh... and Phar Lap is a kiwi... :p

LOL to funny
But one must take in to account that 500k kiwis live in aus and are counted in our population not in yours so add them to your stats and you may find that little bro is 2nd again....
Australian Immigration Fact Sheet 17. New Zealanders in Australia

touche'....

Well played...

Though... I am thinking, so long they haven't played for NZ... surely, they're eligible to play for Australia?

Just because we send our brightest and best dole bludgers doesn't mean there isn't the occasional sports person amongst that lot... :)

Queensland is NZ's biggest state... And Bondi is NZ's most popular beach....

The lights must be nearly ready to be turned off in New Zealand LOL.

Cheers
Ian

Irish guys are *drools* i'm saving up to go to Ireland and when i get there i want to watch a gaelic football game...all those irish boys can shamrock all over me...

Not sure what Luke Nolen was doing with the ride as he almost cost Black Cav the race.

Oh and the third great result was Collingwood over West Coast by 3 points. ;)

Let's not forget, Parramatta actually won a game too :D. I think that was the most amazing result out of all mentioned.

Meaningless drivel compared to England v Italy..............4.45 am tomoz..........:)

Meaningless drivel compared to England v Italy..............4.45 am tomoz..........:)

They better win (or Italy) if at the end of the 90 it's a draw I'm going to hunt down Gerrard and... Well... Waggle my finger at him (in an angry manner)... (I don't care who wins, so long it's within 90 minutes!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back