Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenmouse

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
If one was to have their 2 favorite snakes which happen to be a male GTP and a female jungle jaguar kept together in a display enclosure and they happened to breed what would be the legalities of the offspring in this hypothetical scenario ?

But could you house them together long term? The jungle might get miserable in the high humidity needed for the gtp, and jungles need higher heat than a gtp. So you will have an unhappy or sick snake if they are in together

But could you house them together long term? The jungle might get miserable in the high humidity needed for the gtp, and jungles need higher heat than a gtp. So you will have an unhappy or sick snake if they are in together
jungles and gtp can be kept in the same conditons.

I wouldnt do it, the jungle would get sick eventually in the high humidity and lower temperature. Not worth the health complications

gtp do quiet well in a slightly lower humidity. jungles and gtp come from areas with very similar temperatures, humidity and photoperiod.

i said they both come from areas with very similar temperatures, humidity and photoperiod. (not the same area) eg iron range and cairns. so are you saying a jungle carpet python or gtp would die in an outside enclosure in cairns?

Last edited:
i said they both come from areas with very similar temperatures, humidity and photoperiod. eg iron range and cairns. so which one would die in an outside enclosure in cairns? jungle or gtp

comment withdrawn.

Last edited:
No, I am not saying that, what I am implying is that a carpet will die in artificial conditions as provided for GTP in Sydney, Melbourne, etc., collections. Your theory is missing one vital component - fresh air. You can have 95% humidity as long as there is a fresh air movement, be at in Cairns or in Melbourne. Photoperiod doesn't come into it at all.

yes a carpet would die in those conditions... gtp will tolerate a higher humidity but doesnt need 95% humidity. if the enclosure is setup correctly it has/can be done. the problem is stagnant air not humidity or temp.

Last edited:
they are already out there and doing fine in the states.. its doable.. but how morally how would you live with yourself... now ask youself is he being sarcastic??

As is said junglejags give it ago and report back, on a side note do you keep gtps ?

yes i keep my jungles and gtps at the same temp and humidity. must be doing something right my gtp pair shed perfect everytime, my jungles dont get RI and they breed everytime I pair them up. but i dont know what I talking about...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back