Taming older pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamalicious

Reaction score
G'day, i just picked up a 6 year old diamond python, she isn't aggressive or snappy, she is just a bit nervous about being handled and is flinchy when i touch her. She also hisses a bit when i go into her enclosure. I'm not worried at all because this is perfectly normal behavior for a snake who isn't used to being handled.

My question however is, is it too late to get this snake comfortable with being handled? has anyone else had a similar situation where a snake was nervous and flighty and became calm with handling?

Any Advice or stories would be great to hear!

Cheers Hamish

considering shes just nervous and not aggressive i think ive got a pretty good chance. Ive just always started with hatchlings, ive never started with an older snake.

I won an adult diamond in a NPWS ballot, and she was a little nervous to start with but after just a few weeks of daily contact she has turned into a pussy cat. Sometimes I think she is even seeking out contact.

Haha that's great to hear Animal805, im more confident already

I'd also like to hear about temperature gradients for diamonds. I'm struggling to sort through the mountains of conflicting information

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back