i had a little visitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasssss

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
well just put my dogs outside for the night when one of the started barking , went out to tell her to shut it when i noticed she wasn't just barking at kangaroos through the fence , she was barking at something under the house so i went to inspect what it was , thats when i found this little guy , just chillin from a metal pool type fence in an ambush position

i decided he had to be moved as i couldn't leave him there and then find him dead in the yard after one of my dogs got it (dont tell me to have inside dogs fury creature haters , i have boxers way to energetic to be inside all the time and they are contained in my yard which has snake mesh around the bottoms of the wooden fence that i put up after she got a few bluetongues )

he didnt take to well to being moved from his little hunting spot but none the less his now only a few hundred meters away in the national park that he probably hatched in that is directly behind my house heres to hoping he stays down there

also ive been told that there are intergrades in my area (coffs harbour ) but i dont really know how to tell the difference between straight coastals and intergrades , this guy did have alot of small blotches in his patterning which made me think possible intergrade plus he just doesn't look quiet like the coastals i normally see

oh and my darling mother made me wear the gloves , shes a nurse and wouldn't let me move it otherwise , to many nasties in snakes mouths she says youd think at 20 id be allowed to make my own decisions :rolleyes:

anyway heres some pics sorry bout the crappy phone pics , cannons out of battery when you want it the most

Attachments

• 19112012(001).jpg
    19112012(001).jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 19112012(002).jpg
    19112012(002).jpg
    135 KB · Views: 103
  • 19112012(003).jpg
    19112012(003).jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 19112012(004).jpg
    19112012(004).jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 96
he was a very nice looking coastal really sucks as ive got a connon 50d that takes awesome pics but nooo flat battery:facepalm:

his the second ive seen in a few days so good to see

any idea on the intergrade vs coastal question its a little lost in that novel of a post

Is a nice looker. Cough, cough to the gloves : )

Is a nice looker. Cough, cough to the gloves : )
i know i know , as i said my darling mother wouldn't let me move it with out them shes been a nurse her whole life and say theres to many germs in snake mouths she says , when i was bitten by one of my womas i had to use betadine on the tiny little pin pricks :)

I always thought the intergrade zone finished around coffs so its a curley one, having said that because of the smaller blotches I would say intergrade but I wouldn`t argue with someone better than me who called it a coastal.
I`m going to be in coffs in january, would love to come across something like that!

I always thought the intergrade zone finished around coffs so its a curley one, having said that because of the smaller blotches I would say intergrade but I wouldn`t argue with someone better than me who called it a coastal.
thats what i was told , i tried to get better pics of him but was hopeless , some of the blotches where pretty small and he didnt have the usual coastal markings that i see around here , definitely more coastal than anything but he just didnt look like the normal

shoot me a pm if you want when you come up , id be happy to show you around i ride motor bikes so i know of a few spots i regularly see herps

Last edited:
I hate that phrase ( better than me ) there not better just different. To me its an inter grade but a higher % of coastal in it over diamond.

I bet it settled into the glove pretty quickly????

Different result to hot sweaty hands

Our other snake catchers always laugh at me when I use pillow cases to pick up snakes
But my snakes very seldom even try to bite
Theirs usually go right off when held by hand

I hate that phrase ( better than me ) there not better just different. To me its an inter grade but a higher % of coastal in it over diamond.
who ever said that ?(wait i think i know what your saying , its in reply to norm and him saying he wouldn't argue with someone who called it a coastal? ) and yes id agree anything up here is going to be more of a coastal than anything but ive been told by a few people theyve seen intergrade looking animals up here , as he didnt have the normal pattern i see on most wild animals so i was just curious

and longqi

he was a little annoyed at being moved from where he was but i would have expected that with or with out gloves as he was waiting for a feed , i can see where your coming from though he settled down a bit once i had him off the fence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back