Coastal Thread!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skelhorn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Morning Ladies and Gents,

Had a quick search but couldn't find anything.

Do many people own Coastals?

I have a little devil of a python that is now approx 55cm long or so. He/She was a rescue and in the 5 months I've had it (It would be approx 9 months old now...it has grown a tremendous amount...doubling in lenght and quadruplingin girth!

This little python has the temprement of Satan. Once out of the tank he is alright...but if I leave him too long and let him do his own thing he wants to escape and becomes snappy again. Wouldn't change if for the world, little champion and fighter.

Here is a pic from a while ago. I need to get new ones but his just so hard to capture still. By far more active then any of my other pythons!

I have not seen many coastals but the pattern on this little fello is very sharp. Since these photo's the patterns have become stronger and my coastal is now becoming more of a grey! Awesome colouring tho!

Post lots of pictures up of Coastals that you own or have seen :)

Would love to hear stories and see how big some peoples coastals get!

Cheers:D

Attachments

• SAM_0356.jpg
    SAM_0356.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 65
  • SAM_0352.jpg
    SAM_0352.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 65
Is that news paper to beat your snake if it gets out of line while feeding? Lol I want to see you feed an adult in your hands.:D

^ Hahahaha This little devil bites, when I got him out the other day he turned around and bit. For a tiny python the bite mark (from bottom puncture to top as indicated by blood droplets on my arm) was around a solid 2cm haha. Would hate to see a big one bite!
I don't think they have the same mentality as other animals tho to learn not to bite....wouldn't that make things easier tho.

My coastal looks almost exactly the same but hes obviously a fair bit bigger! He's about 11 months now and coloring similarity is amazing.

^ Hahahaha This little devil bites, when I got him out the other day he turned around and bit. For a tiny python the bite mark (from bottom puncture to top as indicated by blood droplets on my arm) was around a solid 2cm haha. Would hate to see a big one bite!
I don't think they have the same mentality as other animals tho to learn not to bite....wouldn't that make things easier tho.
Juvies and sub-adults tend to be more aggressive, it basically there only defense strategy. They usually calm down as adults.

My coastal looks almost exactly the same but hes obviously a fair bit bigger! He's about 11 months now and coloring similarity is amazing.

Yeah I will try get some moer pictures tonight. When you say same colouring...as in the colour from the photo or the grey I mentioned. I will def get some pictures tonight with the photo's of the grey colouring.

- - - Updated - - -

Juvies and sub-adults tend to be more aggressive, it basically there only defense strategy. They usually calm down as adults.

Yeah everyone I know said that their Coastals calm down as they get older!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back