Meet X (the File snake)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stuff, Steve! Lovely snake and a top aquarium, too. So, has the letter naming stuck?

I saw an adult in the flesh at Riversleigh many years ago. Very interesting animals, until they do a nasty fish poo on you when scared :)

Great stuff, Steve! Lovely snake and a top aquarium, too. So, has the letter naming stuck?

I saw an adult in the flesh at Riversleigh many years ago. Very interesting animals, until they do a nasty fish poo on you when scared :)

Yea now we've got an S (Ess the alb Darwin), an X (the File) and an Azz (Azzi the BHP). Good job they cant hear, could get confusing :)

I've got big chunks of (Tufa not crystaline) limestone in the tank A) for the holes and caves but mostly B) to neutralise the high ammonia liquid poo the Files produce. Never beenpooped on by one but did attract some strange material when I lifted a big breeding ball out of Howard Springs years ago :)

Last edited:
First off...............i hate you haha only joking. i really want one. where did you get it?? amazing animals.

View attachment 273360

look close and you can see why he's called a file snake. With that loose skin and grabbing spikes he comes up for a breath and can reverse completely and instantly into the hole he's left. Not just relying on belly scales, the whole tube is involved.

Called X because Darlyn said you would be he ex if you brought more pets home?

Never beenpooped on by one but did attract some strange material when I lifted a big breeding ball out of Howard Springs years ago :)
EEEEEW - don't want to think about what was in that! Still - must have been a very interesting sight.

Great looking file, they are so cool and different. I couldn't get over the feeling of them when we found some when I was up that way in may. Congrats on the new addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back