Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pics up:

Attachments

• Sandy4.jpg
    Sandy4.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 55
  • Sandy5.jpg
    Sandy5.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Sandy6.jpg
    Sandy6.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Sandy7.jpg
    Sandy7.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Sandy8.jpg
    Sandy8.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 69
wow hes very nice, sorry to be a bother but have you got any pictures of the enclosure, and what are the dimensions of it?

Yep, its 5x2x2, its still biggish, but i want him out, i mean...i wouldnt wanna live in my room for a long period of time... hes probably due for the upgrade in a few months thats why i want him in ASAP. But at the moment that tank isnt too small or too big, just want to make sure hes having a good life haha.

P2001_21-12-09.jpg

Attachments

• P2001_21-12-09.jpg
    P2001_21-12-09.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 76
Fair enough, i want to get a larger monitor like a sand monitor or a tristis

Yeah, they are pretty sweet. if you want a big one go for a Sand Monitor because BlackHeadeds only get to about 80cm.

If you dont mind me asking what did you pay for yours? And whats the average cost for a Tristis? I think i like the tristis better because they are more aboreal, so i can setup a nice 4 by 3 by 4 for then?

thanks guys, RepFan: i bought mine for $400(Inc. Freight) From URS. The lady who i rang said it was a Desert Sand Monitor (V.G. Flavirufus) But it turns out its not....
Tristis go for about the same: any where between $300-400 for Juvies.

Varanids or Varanidae are 'Monitor Lizards'.
Gouldii Gouldii are Sand Monitor and Gouldii Flavirufus are Desert Sand Monitors they are sub-species which the Desert form have nicer colours and patening, also the Desert Form on average grow to about 1.2m whereas the Gouldii Gouldii Grow to an average of 1.4-1.6m (Some have been know to reach 1.8m). Gouldii Flavirufus are mainly found in Central Australia, Gouldii Gouldii are found in most areas of Australia and are wide-spread across the land, therefore can withstand lower temperatures. Another difference between the two is that G. Flavirufus are harder to obtain than Gouldii Gouldii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back