Who fishes?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks venomous:D
im not to sure what rods to take, im thinking my baitcaster then my eggbeater surf rod. the baitcaster has fireline (i think thats what its called) its kinda old and looks like its starting to fray, dose this happen to anyone else?
sharkwise im not after anything to massive as iv only caught a few small sharks id like to target 5ft or smaller.

this was me a fair few years ago with a nice stingy
IMG_7595.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

No problems at all mate.

Personally I'm not a fan of baitcasters as I always have dramas with casting and getting wind knots so I stick to my spin reels and overhead gear. Fireline is a braid so all you'll need to learn is the double uni knot and get yourself some flurocarbon leader and tie about a rod lengths to your braid.
Knot Tying: Double Uni knot - YouTube
Sounds like your braids seen better days, what you should do is either take about 10m off and cut it and it should take the top layer of the reel or the second way but could be a bit tricky with the baitcaster is to take it all off and turn it round so the bottom layer is now at the top if you know what I mean..
If your chasing small sharks either get pre rigged metal traces (40-100lb rating) or a spool of 80lb black magic leader..

Nice ray mate,looks like someone has got to it before you and cut it's tail off..

I'll throw some more pictures up when I get them loaded up of my camera..

Good luck and let me know how you go.

lol, they are the best scented lure, and i use them regulary.
let me know how you go.

Okay guys I've set my little bait caster up with 10lb braid then about a meter of 15lb fluorocarbon leader this will do for SPs? My 12ft surf rod has standard 30lb line and I will be using it mainly for bait fishing :) all set for tomorrow I think :)

If only I knew how to use my bait caster overhead reels are hard to use without getting a birds nest lol well for me it is anyway :-(
it is for most people, the problem I have is I stick them in the shed for 12 months then expect them to work lol. Dusty lines catch the best fish ;)

If only I knew how to use my bait caster overhead reels are hard to use without getting a birds nest lol well for me it is anyway :-(
When you cast tap your thumb on the reel just before your bait,soft plastic, sinker etc hits the water

I'm thinking about hunting carp with a .308 :D But apart from that mildly insane idea, I love surf fishing, boat fishing and fly fishing. I'm also a mad flyfisher, but my eagerness far outweighs my ability in that particular area :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back