Has anyone used pidgeons as food?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon_Aus

Reaction score
A neighbour of mine breeds racing pidgeons and has been euthanasing and freezing new born chicks for me. Just wondering wether anyone has used pidgeon chicks before

I've got a bredli, jungle and darwin which I plan on giving them too, they are all currently on rats.

I read something (scales and tails perhaps) about salmonella in day old chickens, and was wondering wether this might be the case for pidgeons also.

The adult birds are all vaccinated as per state laws, the new born chicks aren't treated

how does he euthanise them? if its just a hit on the head or a method like co2? i can't see the problem with it... and have use captive birds before with no ill effect.

I've used both pidgeons and doves and they have always been well received.

A guy I know of (Bought an enclosure off him) he has a Scrubbie, similar situation, the guy a few doors down has racing pigeons. In short form, he uses the Racing pigeons that are humanely euthenised for his scrubbie, she loves pigeon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back