What do you look for in a coastal carpet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andynic07

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what colours and patterns people like in coastal carpets , pictures welcome.

:D

Attachments

• GP3.jpg
    GP3.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 139
Proserpines all the way! :D:lol: These are some of my hatchies from this season:

proserpines.jpg

I like this colour and pattern

It is one that is for sale that I have seen and was contemplating buying, I know it is a Jag but is it still coastal?

Attachments

• 859383_10151316245232913_278255522_o.jpg
    859383_10151316245232913_278255522_o.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
This is my coastal

My 12 month old coastal after a feed.

Attachments

• IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
It is one that is for sale that I have seen and was contemplating buying, I know it is a Jag but is it still coastal?

im assuming
it would have mixed blood so it wouldnt be pure coastal
could be wrong though

@Perko niice she's growin quick!

Shouldn't you really ask what people look for in a jag if that's the animal you want to breed ? Anything that comes from that will be a jag or a jag sib it's a little misleading if you sold them off as coastal , unless the animal was 100% from the original coastal jags , Which a) I would be skeptical that it hasnt been crossed at some point and b) even then people are skeptical if they where pure coastal I have heard it was Irian jaya carpets in the mix , but that is all hearsay from what I know

My coastal has very grey colours coming through......very strong grey colours in fact....which actually makes me think that its an inland haha:?

Shouldn't you really ask what people look for in a jag if that's the animal you want to breed ? Anything that comes from that will be a jag or a jag sib it's a little misleading if you sold them off as coastal , unless the animal was 100% from the original coastal jags , Which a) I would be skeptical that it hasnt been crossed at some point and b) even then people are skeptical if they where pure coastal I have heard it was Irian jaya carpets in the mix , but that is all hearsay from what I know
Might have read more into my post than what was there. I am not looking at breeding anything at the moment, the closest I am to breeding is contemplating some BHP's in about 4 years as I have not got any yet. The Jag I put up is similar colours to a coastal I have seen on here in the "show us your coastal" thread. Yes the pattern is a bit different but similar in some ways too. I wasn't trying to pass off the picture as a pure bred coastal at all. It is just a thread for people to say what like in coastals and nothing else .

This is my girl, I can't wait for her to get bigger to see what she looks like. IMG_3670.jpgIMG_3654.jpg

Vixen would you ever cross a Proserpine with a normal Coastal?

No as I don't see the point, I like to keep these locale pure. Honestly mixing them with a normal coastal would take away from what makes them so nice looking in the first place, which is the deep brown tones and defined patterns.

I know my girl isn't the greatest specimen, but I love her :)
60424_154864091205611_2968177_n.jpg

59581_154863424539011_5809962_n.jpg

I wasn't having a go mate it was just that when you asked this

Combined with your original question it makes one think that you where looking to breed these animals , and as such I was just mentioning that if you where looking to breed coastal that animal isn't the best animal to try an breed coastals from as it clearly has the jag gene and all the baggage associated so people who don't believe it's pure coastal etc

Also you didn't once mention that you had no intention to
breed you just asked what people look for in a coastal so you can see why one would think it where a kind of market research before breeding

I wasn't having a go mate it was just that when you asked this

Combined with your original question it makes one think that you where looking to breed these animals , and as such I was just mentioning that if you where looking to breed coastal that animal isn't the best animal to try an breed coastals from as it clearly has the jag gene and all the baggage associated so people who don't believe it's pure coastal etc

Also you didn't once mention that you had no intention to
breed you just asked what people look for in a coastal so you can see why one would think it where a kind of market research before breeding
I also didn't say that I wasn't going to do indecent acts with the pythons. lol
Don't take that too serious I guess it was a misunderstanding on your behalf and no offence taken. I am just mad about reptiles and wanted to know what traits people prefer so I can compare with my likes.
Anyway keep the posts coming. Do you have any coastals thomasssss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back