Oh the stress!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varanoidea

Reaction score
So close to half way through my HSC year! Just trying to pull myself through this last half and get a 70 for my atar so I can have the option to study zoology next year. Anyone else go through year 12 or did they leave school before that?

lol, i remember HSC time sucking the big one,.....

good luck!! :)

Did high school, did uni, decided to do 4 more years of that torture. Don't stress too much, it'll all be over soon.

Good luck getting into zoology.

i left school at 15 worked in retail for a yr pregnant at 16 :| i did things a bit backwards. Good on you for getting stuck into it, you sound like you have your head screwed on, good luck mate i wish you all the best :)

Oh ps. if i could rewind i would have stayed on and completed yr 12.

I didn't do my hsc.. "Don't ever give up, one day, you will thank yourself for not giving up" (no idea who I'm quoting there).. All my best wishes with it.. I'm going to be the old lady now and say apply yourself and believe in yourself, You can probably still get into zoology if you don't get the marks you want but that means extra study so if you can get is now that's much better :) xo

I didn't do my hsc.. "Don't ever give up, one day, you will thank yourself for not giving up" (no idea who I'm quoting there)

Melzey im sure ive heard Justin Beiber say that ? :lol:

Really?!? When I first read that quote I doubt he could speak yet ;P but if I'm quoting the beibs I'm soooooo deleting that ;)

Really?!? When I first read that quote I doubt he could speak yet ;P but if I'm quoting the beibs I'm soooooo deleting that ;)

lol dont worry my bad....he said never say never or something like that ha ha close though :p

I'm going to finish high school and I have plans to study at Uni in zoology. I guess I am lucky in a way because I am the weird kid who enjoys studying and school work haha :oops:

I already do part-time volunteer work at a veterinary clinic and I encourage anyone else in HSC to do the same if they are wanting to get involved in animal study :) You learn so much and get hands on experience! It is great :D

Keep up the good work! You will be so happy that you did it in the future!

I'm going to finish high school and I have plans to study at Uni in zoology. I guess I am lucky in a way because I am the weird kid who enjoys studying and school work haha :oops:

I already do part-time volunteer work at a veterinary clinic and I encourage anyone else in HSC to do the same if they are wanting to get involved in animal study :) You learn so much and get hands on experience! It is great :D

Keep up the good work! You will be so happy that you did it in the future!

I'm looking into volunteering at a vet clinic, it would be very useful experience indeed.

Good luck bro sounds like good career something different dont stress school ain't the end of the world even though they tell you it is

I had this stuck up my wall throughout my entire HSC year and following 5 uni years:

'As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully achieved by someone you violently dislike.'

Shinkirou,

I am nearly three weeks through a very tough semester at uni and I know exactly how you feel. I'm trying to focus on how fantastic I'm going to feel when I finish and get good results for my efforts. Hang in there, it will be worth it in the end.

its not the end of the world,but if you don't get it right,it very well could be

I would have to disagree. It's always better if you do well in your HSC - and you very often do if you have a goal, like Shinkirou does - but if you screw it up for some reason, there are other ways to get where you want to be. Yes, they are more time-consuming, but they do exist. I think it's important for anyone going through their HSC to know that, especially if they have their heart set on a particular path.

its not the end of the world,but if you don't get it right,it very well could be
not at all they Tell these kids if they stuff up there HSC they will never be anything and will never have successful careers wat a joke it's so wrong

Shinkirou,

I am nearly three weeks through a very tough semester at uni and I know exactly how you feel. I'm trying to focus on how fantastic I'm going to feel when I finish and get good results for my efforts. Hang in there, it will be worth it in the end.

I would have to disagree. It's always better if you do well in your HSC - and you very often do if you have a goal, like Shinkirou does - but if you screw it up for some reason, there are other ways to get where you want to be. Yes, they are more time-consuming, but they do exist. I think it's important for anyone going through their HSC to know that, especially if they have their heart set on a particular path.

I have to agree with this.. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

everyone has their own opinions on everything in life,you get out what you put in,a 56 pass in your hsc is a fail as far as im concerned,esp if you have the capability to do so much better...... did my hsc because i wanted to go into the coppers....failed that.... my son got that 56 mark last year and thinks a pass is a pass,but its not when he has the brains to have done so much more,now he vegetates at home. and i refuse to give him anything. he wont go looking for a job because his marks arent good enough to get him the jobs he wants but wont do anything about it....now he's trying to get on the dole,freaking dole bludger,thinks its a cruisy life.

56 is a success if it is the best or their ability and they put in 100%, as you said.

everyone has their own opinions on everything in life,you get out what you put in,a 56 pass in your hsc is a fail as far as im concerned,esp if you have the capability to do so much better...... did my hsc because i wanted to go into the coppers....failed that.... my son got that 56 mark last year and thinks a pass is a pass,but its not when he has the brains to have done so much more,now he vegetates at home. and i refuse to give him anything. he wont go looking for a job because his marks arent good enough to get him the jobs he wants but wont do anything about it....now he's trying to get on the dole,freaking dole bludger,thinks its a cruisy life.

i can appreciate it would be frustrating as a mum to see your son not acheiving all he can. I wonder what he wants to do? Is the HSC Actualy good for anything other than to get into Uni? Is he aware that the University of Newcastle have programs that could get him credits to get into courses there, and his HSC Marks would be much less relevant.. Maybe something he can look into. xo

Tafe is a good pathway to get into uni as well.
Majority of the certificates require 2 weeks or more hands on placement in the field, so you get a taste of the job before you are qualified to do it. Helps those who have chosen a career but not aware of what they are getting themselves into and the career is not right for them. 6 to 12 months at tafe wasted is better than 4 years at uni just to find it's not the path you want to follow. It can also take time off of a uni degree.

I know of someone who dropped out in year 11, went to tafe and did 2 certificates in nursing for 8 months to become an AIN. She now has a well paying job in respite for people with acquired brain injury and is getting paid to gain more qualifications through her work, while her peers are still stressing over their HSC....
So no, the HSC is not the be all and end all ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back