First bite in over a year

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakewoman

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I've been keeping snakes for 4 years, but hadn't received a bite in a long time. I guess complacency seeps in. I'd just put some fresh water in the tank of my female Murray Darling who is about 4 feet long and about 3 years old. She's overdue for a feed so she decided I was breakfast. It was my own fault for not being more careful, and she got me a beauty! It bruised immediately, you know they got you good when that happens!

Attachments

• Lulu bite.jpg
    Lulu bite.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 151
  • Lulu bite2.jpg
    Lulu bite2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Lulu bite3.jpg
    Lulu bite3.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 179
  • Lulu bite4.jpg
    Lulu bite4.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 175
  • Lulu bite6.jpg
    Lulu bite6.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 131
  • Lulu bite7.jpg
    Lulu bite7.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 148
  • Lulu after bite.jpg
    Lulu after bite.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 201
  • Lulu bite8.jpg
    Lulu bite8.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Lulu bite9.jpg
    Lulu bite9.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
now you have your first elapid bite/intensive care visit to look forward too

Nice my last bite was a md, not as placid as people say lol

Argh my Bredli got me aswell first one to two years. Straight on the wrist just a routine clean out and bam bite and coils

Nice my last bite was a md, not as placid as people say lol

Haha, well my female isn't, but my male is lovely. He's my baby and he's very placid. His girlfriend is just a cow :)

now you have your first elapid bite/intensive care visit to look forward too

No thanks!

oooh got ya in the webbing, just a strike or a coil as well?

Strike and coil. The webbing in my hand is pretty calloused so that wasn't too bad. She turned my hand dark purple in a matter of seconds. My hand is pretty sore, and then to make it even better I was walking out of the laundry earlier and two of our cats came running in. I tripped over them and put my hand on the corner of the wall so I wouldn't fall over and leaned right on the part of my hand that was hurting the most. Bloody hurt!!!

I'm doing a first aid course on Sunday, will be a good story to tell lol. Will be interesting to see what the bruising will be like tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's like a murder scene :p

Haha, that's the cool thing about a decent bite, letting the blood drip all over the floor. The kitten was trying to lick it up :|
is its water bowl an Ash Tray? 8)

Nah, just a small bowl. There hasn't been ash trays at my place since about 1997 when my mother quit smoking.

Hehehehe. Gotta love a nice tag :)
You'd swear they had some sort of anti coagulation in their saliva. So much blood from python bites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back