Can you tell by looking at hatchlings if it is Hypo or not?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PurLex

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if there are any markers for pythons (specifically bredlis) and telling if they are a regular colour scheme or whether they are hypo?
can you tell that early?

Cheers
Lex

It is very difficult early on. I have this issue at the moment. You don't really know until about 6 months of age. When selling them prior to 6 months we just sell them stating they are from hypo lines and that some will be more hypo than others.

Ive seen alot of so called hypo coastals with little to no black as hatchies only to turn out like a normal run of the mill coastal..So i would say not as hatchies,but as yearlings you should have a good idea..

the 2 'hypo' bredli i bought about 5 years ago looked really 'hypo' when they arrived, they gained black with every shed, i now consider them to be classics.

the actual proper hypo i have started off with a small amount of black on his tail, and didnt really gain much more black, hes not a great hypo, but hes a lovely boy.

check out both parents if ur looking at getting one and buy from someone you trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back