Beware!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He sounds like a bloody idiot for starters and was preying on your kind heartedness. Sometimes you really need to chuck the blinkers on and give these sorts a wide berth. Good on you for showing some consideration to someone asking for help, karma to the idiot who took advantage of it.

He sounds like a bloody idiot for starters and was preying on your kind heartedness. Sometimes you really need to chuck the blinkers on and give these sorts a wide berth. Good on you for showing some consideration to someone asking for help, karma to the idiot who took advantage of it.

Thanks heaps VenomOOse, that is really kind of you to say. Unfortunately this has happened, feel sorry for his poor snakes and also really wanted to warn others. I guess it certainly a lesson well learnt, one I would of preferred to avoid.

I'd have been very cautious about allowing unknown reptiles in my home! Talk about quarantine breach.

It's stories like this that show the unfortunate side of the hobby, hope everything works out for you RBB.

I have been fortunate to have a few people show me a huge amount of kindness, two of which are APS members. The first took in my rescued saltwater croc so he didn't return to the farms after a wildlife park i worked at closed down and I moved from Adelaide to Brisbane, I owe this man a lot and he has given my boy the utmost care. The other APS member agreed to look after 6 pythons and a merten's whilst I am out of the country for work, again I couldn't ask for a better herp friend and carer for my collection. There are still some diamonds in the rough out there, making our community that much better :)

Why people would trust any stranger on here is beyond me. Yes, you all love reptiles and want to do the right thing by them, but jeebus Christ there are some weirdos in this hobby.

ive met some great people in the hobby over time, but honestly the majority are absolute nutcases!

That pretty much goes for anyone, as a rule for life in general. Wether you've met them online or not. If someone is going to mess you around, they will do it, regardless. All comes down to the person they are.
Fortunately I haven't had any problems with people I've brought (or helped out with) Herps off... Yet.
Sorry for your bad experience RBB. Hopefully it all gets sorted out for you. And doesn't tarnish the image of the rest of us.

Last edited:
Geez RBB, we are in the same general area... There are some strangeo's around here but this is a bit of a nightmare. :( hopefully it all blows over for you.. xox

He has been on here and other forums before. He moves around a lot because he is such a jerk. Has come back on here with another username and different registration so it doesn't show up his previous name. I know his full name so if he gives you any grief let me know and I'll give you his full name. He is known to the cops and has been busted threatening the cops with a snake,lol!
If your reading this MR then you leave her alone, we know who you are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe if someone out there started a dedicated forum such as Dodgy Reptile Dealings which people could post bad dealings in some detail. In much the same way as the scammers websites etc that exist. We could then make reference from here back to the site and avoid breaching APS rules. I unfortunately don't have the time to make one nor the experience but I'm confident that somebody opn APS would have the knowledge and drive to do so.

That is all good and well, but what about the innocent person that someone puts up rubbish about and is total lies just because someone is 'jealous' of them, ruining someone's good reputation based on lies????
Please explain that to me?

Maybe if someone out there started a dedicated forum such as Dodgy Reptile Dealings which people could post bad dealings in some detail. In much the same way as the scammers websites etc that exist. We could then make reference from here back to the site and avoid breaching APS rules. I unfortunately don't have the time to make one nor the experience but I'm confident that somebody opn APS would have the knowledge and drive to do so.

He has been on here and other forums before. He moves around a lot because he is such a f wit. Has come back on here with another username and different registration so it doesn't show up his previous name. I know his full name so if he gives you any grief let me know and I'll give you his full name. He is known to the cops and has been busted threatening the cops with a snake,lol!
Not him again....seconded, give her a wide birth, coward!

There is nothing stopping anyone from posting the info already on other forums that cater for scammers and bad experiences. People on APS already post details by PM without any scrutiny ie: the stein enclosure debacle and this thread. Why not put it through another forum were it can be setup to weed out vindictive and vexatious attacks and others can decide for themselves. Nobody can 100% guarantee that some abuse doesn't get through but at least if it does pass judgement and get posted people can research others experiences before diving into dealings with such operators. Another forum will need stringent set guidelines and pre-posting scrutiny to not breach laws and to try and avoid the innocent from being tarnished but I don't see it as a dead idea. This is just my opinion.

lol oohh no is this going to turn into a snake people are bogans thread and lizard people are not haha 1st thing my husband said when i announced i was getting my 1st snake was 'Ohh B ...dont do it, only bogans have pet snakes' LOL i was like a. i am a bogan (a classy one) and b. thats so not true :lol:

really? who calls snake people bogans? I don't have any snakes but I would never look down on people who do,we are all reptile lovers after all

I'd have been very cautious about allowing unknown reptiles in my home! Talk about quarantine breach.

Yep, full quarantine procedure and at the other end of the house they went.
I am not stupid nor would I allow unknown snakes anywhere near mine.

It's stories like this that show the unfortunate side of the hobby, hope everything works out for you RBB.

I have been fortunate to have a few people show me a huge amount of kindness, two of which are APS members. The first took in my rescued saltwater croc so he didn't return to the farms after a wildlife park i worked at closed down and I moved from Adelaide to Brisbane, I owe this man a lot and he has given my boy the utmost care. The other APS member agreed to look after 6 pythons and a merten's whilst I am out of the country for work, again I couldn't ask for a better herp friend and carer for my collection. There are still some diamonds in the rough out there, making our community that much better :)

Thanks Mate,
Wow nice collection of animals you have there, certainly some really nice people out there.

yeah but you know his too, if it were me i would be very wary about my snakes tho, maybe some precautions would be in order? this is why i never let anyone know where i live... too many dodgy people after a free ride.
exactly right Paul,I never give my address I use a PO box for all mail and purchases.I don't use a house phone only the mobile and all my email addresses are pseudonyms so no-one can track me down

That pretty much goes for anyone, as a rule for life in general. Wether you've met them online or not. If someone is going to mess you around, they will do it, regardless. All comes down to the person they are.
Fortunately I haven't had any problems with people I've brought (or helped out with) Herps off... Yet.
Sorry for your bad experience RBB. Hopefully it all gets sorted out for you. And doesn't tarnish the image of the rest of us.

Yeah know what you mean 100%
As I Said, lesson well and truly learnt, really wish I could go back but what's done is done.

Geez RBB, we are in the same general area... There are some strangeo's around here but this is a bit of a nightmare. :( hopefully it all blows over for you.. xox

Yeah there certainly is, thanks heaps Melzey

He has been on here and other forums before. He moves around a lot because he is such a jerk. Has come back on here with another username and different registration so it doesn't show up his previous name. I know his full name so if he gives you any grief let me know and I'll give you his full name. He is known to the cops and has been busted threatening the cops with a snake,lol!

Thank you very much Cement and thank you for the PM's, it is definitely him.
Thanks heaps, really appreciate it.

Not him again....seconded, give her a wide birth, coward!
Well sounds like he is popular, in the not so good way.
Thanks heaps :)

really? who calls snake people bogans? I don't have any snakes but I would never look down on people who do,we are all reptile lovers after all

Don't know but I would certainly not call myself a bogan, I have just loved reptiles since I was young. I really like all reptiles - Snakes, Lizards, Monitors, Croc's, Turtles etc. Snakes are probably my fav though ;)

That is true, we all love reptiles.

you're welcome,this type of help isn't quite the same as what you went through and I do understand as I've been burned before

All good :)
I know what you mean, its a shame that such good people that care about animals are the ones that get burned...

exactly right Paul,I never give my address I use a PO box for all mail and purchases.I don't use a house phone only the mobile and all my email addresses are pseudonyms so no-one can track me down

Yeah I made a mistake by thinking that such a great forum with so many people with experience were all trustworthy, not the case, just a stupid lack of experience and life lessons. Only 3 reptile people ever knew my address, 2 being mates and 1 obviously being this guy which came out to look at my BHP which he seemed keen on. I seriously hope she does not go missing, I will track him down and....... well you get the point where I am going.
Anyway it will NOT be happening again, just a stupid teenager with a stupid amount of trust.

Anyway it will NOT be happening again, just a stupid teenager with a stupid amount of trust.
Though I hope the amount of positive messages you've received reminds you that there are a lot of good people out there too. I've been encouraged by all the support you've received. Nice to see the good people rallying behind a subscriber having a tough time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back