DIY rockwall back ground...with a twist

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Becca-Marie

Reaction score
Ok so after looking at all the stunning results everyone has had I‘ve decided to have a crack at it. However I am thinking of having it as a gothic castle ruins type theme for some a bit different. I was wondering if any one else had tried this sort of thing? Will post pics as I go, I‘m only plotting out designs at the moment.

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

The only one that comes to mind is this one.

I look forward to seeing yours.

Those threads are very helpful exactly what I was thinking. I‘m making a start tomorrow.

So thoughts on having a running water fall type feature in there? Would it work? Would it be too stressful on the snake?

So thoughts on having a running water fall type feature in there? Would it work? Would it be too stressful on the snake?

Waterfalls shouldn't stress them out. What are you making the enclosure for? Running water increases humidity in your enclosure which can become a problem. Also you would need to make it difficult for the water to be redirected as you don't really want water all over the enclosure.

Its for a spotted, it was just a thought. I was unsure if it would screw with the humidity too much. But thats why i asked. At the bottom of the water fall would be a larger area for her to bathe in if she wanted too and the water would run fairy slow not be blasting every where lol. Like i said im not sure it would work out its just an idea im throwing out there to get opinions.

You could always give it a go. Since you are making it yourself it should cost much. To stop it getting too humid you could just have more ventilation. Macs can cope with reasonably humid conditions, for some reason I had stimsons in my head. :) Snakes are pretty good at redirecting water, so that is what I meant by water getting everywhere. :)

Hmm ill have a think on it. My mum used to make those big concrete garden fountains so im sure she could help me work something out.

I've done a couple of enclosures with running water now. It complicates the build process by about 500%, its hard to control water so everything doesn't end up wet from splashing or from wet lizards walking water all through the place, it makes cleaning a PITA

BUT if you get it sorted, IMO it looks great sounds great and is worth the extra work.

adery2ym.jpg
So i still have my heart set on a gothic theme for my spotted but as a practice run i thought id make one for my childrens so i thought id post my progress here. I felt lost, cold and alone in bunnings but i escaped with all my supplies and my bank account sort of intact. Now theres liquid nails every where :(

2u8ypudu.jpg

Bad phone pic sorry guys will post more when my phone stops spazzing out

:) always do a "practice piece" first. It will teach you heaps.
Top tip for anyone in unfamiliar territory at any hardware shop ..... Find the oldest guy you can.. Tell them what you want to do and then listen, learn and smile thankfully.
They love sharing their knowledge.

And don't forget to say thank you. !

I used render on my latest background, heaps easier then grout and alot harder.

4u3ahyze.jpg

This is for some monitors.

Rick

That looks awesome :) im almost finished mine will get pics up today hopefully

Rcoks and Stuff

I have a heap of photos of Rocks, Walls and Castles that I made.

Have a look at my albums.

Happy to assist in creation of your pieces.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back