"No time wasters please"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't write my address. I just write something like "As per DEHP records". Have heard way too many horror stories for my liking, of people coming home to their reptile shed etc open, and everything gone. Even one story of a girl coming home to find robbers in her house with her reptiles, and they hurt her. Being a young female who is often arriving home to an empty house, I am not going to share my address with any reptile loving randoms who can search all my post history and get an idea of my collection. I have heard of a lot of people doing what I do, and have never heard of anyone having troubles with the department over it.

Wouldn't imagine they would have a problem with it, you would imagine the safety of an individual and reptiles in their possession is more important than paperwork. Besides, they have your address, why does it need to be on a reptile transfer reciept?

Actually they have a problem with it, I also use to put "as per your records". I was audited and told I must put my address or next time I will be fined, and may lose my licence.
I now just put my street address minus the house number, thankfully it's a long street;)
But I am in the same boat as Ingie, a single female coming home to an empty house, I certainly don't want people knowing where I live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually they have a problem with it, I also use to put "as per your records". I was audited and told I must put my address or next time I will be fined, and may lose my licence.
I now just put my street address minus the house number, thankfully it's a long street;)
But I am in the same boat as Ingie, a single female coming home to an empty house, I certainly don't want people knowing where I live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's ridiculous. I think that's something they need to address. I now know you two are females who live alone, whose to say I won't purchase something off you to get your address, then rob you during the day, or worse? (I won't... Promise)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4

I just give them my suburb for my address. And most of the time when buying that's all I get too. Way to much risk giving people you don't know your address.

Even one story of a girl coming home to find robbers in her house with her reptiles, and they hurt her.

This happened to me, thankfully they dropped the knife and ran one way, as I ran back to my car.

This is why my new house is decked out with security cameras that sends alerts to my iPhone instantly and a couple of other security features that a can't really talk about ;). I also only write my suburb on paperwork and NEVER allow anyone to come to my house.

I give out my address ,but ive got a long handled axe and a cavalry sword and wife is crazy with a machette :)

If anyone asks for adress that are not seeming be interested buyers I just tell them the suburb next to mine :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back