Stimsons Python substrate

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptiles101

Reaction score
I have finally found a snake breeder and have got the all clear from my mum to get and stimsons python, me and my sister a quite exited about getting her.

I know I will need to keep her in a 7L Sistema tub with a heat mat and a thermostat and she's going to be on paper towels to begin with. Also going to have a small water bowl and 2 hides.

After a year or so I know I will have to move her into something bigger, a 3ft enclosure with UV, heat lamps and thermostat, going to be melamine with sliding glass doors.

My question is when she is in her adult stages of life what is an appropriate substrate to use, eg sand, aspen?

News paper or Pura chip bedding. Both easy to use and keep clean.

No need for UV....all my enclosure I use OZ-PET cat litter... Best for spot cleaning :)

Okay, thanks for the quick replys guys, is fake green turf ok to use as well?

what can UV do to snakes?

Fake grass is fine ... Pythons don't need UV as they get the required diet via rodent organs unlike lizards...diamond pythons r still up for debate cause of DPS

Okay thanks heaps MidsReps, can u post up some pics of your set ups so I can get some inspiration?

Last edited:
Best to go to the DIY threads for inspiration, if you can't find something in there to give you inspiration there is something deff wrong. :) .......................Ron

Last edited:
Best to go to the DIR threads for inspiration, if you can't find something in there to give you inspiration there is something deff wrong. :) .......................Ron
Ron means DIY threads lol... Sry couldn't help me self

- - - Updated - - -

Ps. How's the old ticker going???

HE HE HE, thanks m8, i was doing directory changes on another page and had DIR on the brain. Ticker is stable at the moment thanks bud :) ........................Ron

Thanks Ron I'll check the DIY section out :D.

Is it okay to sandwich the heat mat between 2 tiles?, or do I need to have a gap between the heat mat and the tile?

Sorry about the really stupid question :)

- - - Updated - - -

So my list will be 7L Sistema tub, small heat mat, thermostat with probe, thermometer (2).

and the other basic stuff, paper towel substrate, water bowl and hides (2).

Last edited:
So the Stimson's going to be a South Australia Locale, what do u guys think?

& what things should I be asking the breeder about his snakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back