Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that I thought they weren't anything special for quite a while - even though I was working at the WA Museum when the first one known to science was identified way back in the late 1970s (I think it's fantastic that this species and the Oenpelli Python, both large vertebrates, were unknown until the 1970s - that alone makes them unique and worthy additions to any collection).

But then John Weigel gave me a pair a few years ago... and my opinion changed significantly, I discovered just how interesting they are as a species, for all the reasons Hannaz outlines above. Sometimes I check them at night and it's fantastic to see them change to a ghostly silvery grey sometimes.

Well worth considering for any keeper, and I also find it refreshing that the meddlers haven't yet figured out how to turn them into polka-dotted toys for those who aren't satisfied with the natural beauty of something as unique as these.

Jamie

My plain old boring brown snake

Notice the incredible silver blue enchanting eyes and the majestic pose and the regal appearance :):):)

Anyone in their right mind would never try to xbreed these gems...you cannot improve perfection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back